Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-30-2007, 09:44 AM   #1
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Sony e-books credit expiry reminder

Just to remind anyone who bought a Sony Reader a few months ago: the $50 credit in the Connect store expires on August 31st, so you may want to spend any remaining balance quickly.

Also, I believe that the Sony Classics offer may expire as well.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 10:26 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I was browsing the Connect Store last night. I have $12.xx left. Need to use that up soon.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2007, 10:40 AM   #3
batpuppy
Connoisseur
batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 , Samsung TabA 8.0, Kindle fire 7.0
I still have some classic books left in the deal but not sure I see the point of getting the classic books from connect as you can get them here or at gutenberg one.
batpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 11:58 AM   #4
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
I'm *still* trying to get my $50 credit. I ordered my Reader back in mid-July, and it didn't arrive until a week ago. I emailed CS and they said I could get the $50 credit (instead of 100 free Classics--unnecessary as I picked up the Silk Pagoda DVD) if I bought the Reader before the end of July. They said I needed to send in a scan/copy of my order receipt, which I did. Got a response 2 days later saying the pdf was corrupt, re-sent yesterday, and am still waiting.....
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 12:04 PM   #5
beowulf573
Addict
beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-T1
I'm considering blowing off the 100 free Classics. Unless I get an hour or two free, I think I'd be better off grabbing them from Gutenberg, etc, and formatting them myself.

Has anyone found some that were worth downloading?
beowulf573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2007, 04:18 PM   #6
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Nope.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 04:45 PM   #7
nesagwa
Connoisseur
nesagwa began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook360
So I guess anyone that hasnt received it yet through the credit card offer are SOL on the $50 dollar credit and the Classics?
nesagwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 05:47 PM   #8
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nesagwa View Post
So I guess anyone that hasnt received it yet through the credit card offer are SOL on the $50 dollar credit and the Classics?
When did you order the Reader? If you have a confirmation email or reciept dated in July, then you still might talk Sony into giving you the $50.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 06:38 PM   #9
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
When did you order the Reader? If you have a confirmation email or reciept dated in July, then you still might talk Sony into giving you the $50.
Yeah, but good luck getting any timely response from them to issue the credit! I even put "**Urgent**" in my last email subject, to no avail. Less than 30 hours left and still no response or credit in the Connect Store.

[Update] A few helpful folks elsewhere have noted that Sony CS is pretty good, and they may yet issue credit after reviewing my request history. I hope so. I got no response during the 3-4 days after my last requests, even though they say they usually get back in a day. I really have been looking forward to picking up and reading a couple of Harry Turtledove's alternate history series (Worldwar, Colonization). If it's cash out of pocket, it may be a bit longer before I pick them up.

Last edited by DrMoze; 09-03-2007 at 01:04 PM.
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:40 AM   #10
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi maison09 and welcome to MobileRead. You ought to also introduce yourself in the Intro section here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49

That way our non-Sony owners will get to know you
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 03:36 AM   #11
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Welcome credit01

If you look up at the top of the page there is a link called 'E-Books' in the blue bar (just under the MobileRead logo). You don't list a device, but if you have a 505, choose the BBeB or epub versions. Once in the book section, you can search the books by title using the search button on the right side.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote