Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-12-2013, 04:38 PM   #1
Holydoc
Holydoc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9
Getbooks not searching Amazon

I noticed while searching with Getbooks that Amazon was not showing up in the search results. I then cleared all stores except for the 6 Amazon selections and searched again for a book I knew was on Amazon. I received the message:

"Couldn't find any books matching your query."

I used the:

Title: Wired

This book is an ebook that is free today on Amazon. I received the same message that it could not be found.

Thanks again for such a wonderful program!
Holydoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:37 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holydoc View Post
I noticed while searching with Getbooks that Amazon was not showing up in the search results. I then cleared all stores except for the 6 Amazon selections and searched again for a book I knew was on Amazon. I received the message:

"Couldn't find any books matching your query."

I used the:

Title: Wired

This book is an ebook that is free today on Amazon. I received the same message that it could not be found.

Thanks again for such a wonderful program!
Sometime in the last few days Amazon changed their websites (worldwide) in a way that broke calibre's getbooks. We are fixing the problem for release in the next version of calibre. We are also looking at ways to be able to react more quickly to this kind of situation.

Thanks for taking the time to report the problem.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2013, 01:14 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
The fix has been released.

We also changed get books so that we can fix connecting to a store without requiring an update to calibre. This change will let us respond much more quickly to problems. Of course, we can only fix problems we know about, so thanks again for taking the time to tell us.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 12:17 AM   #4
Smalis
Smalis began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
The problem either still exists or has re-emerged. I searched in Get Books for Title: Wired with just the Amazon Kindle store checked. Search returned no results.

On a related note, I would like to perform a general Amazon search (not limited to Kindle store) on a book in my library. Can I do this directly from Calibre?
Smalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 12:55 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Should be fine now. And no you cannot perform a general amazon search in calibre.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert