Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-02-2010, 04:29 PM   #1
Sneeterpop
Sneeterpop began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2
Question about adding books to kindle 2.

I've recently installed Calibre, and I'm liking it quite a bit. I only understand the basics so far, but anyway my question is about the Series tool.

I have all of my books set up so that the are in numerological order as part of the series, however when I sync the books to my Kindle 2, it just shows up on the device. There is no order, its..just there. I can read it just fine, but its nothing like if I were to buy an archive series off of amazon.com.

The archive, even though in the Kindle 2 folder, has all the books listed seperately, but when I read them, the device just merges them all together so instead of seeing Three books on the home screen, its just one.

So I'm just wondering how to do that? Sorry if my logic seems out of order.

Thanks!
Sneeterpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 04:34 PM   #2
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Your logic is not out of order... it is the Kindle. The Kindle does not support those extra tags unfortunately. What I have done in the past is make the series part of the title.

Sigma Force 1: Sandstorm
Sigma Force 2: Map of Bones

Either that or just as you are getting ready to finish the book find out the next one and keep that in mind
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2010, 04:35 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Unfortunately, as far as I know, no one knows how to convince the Kindle to treat side loaded books (books you load yourself) as a series. The AZW format doesn't have support for series metadata.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote