Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-07-2012, 06:05 AM   #31
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
No I'm saying that if you ONLY trust the cloud to keep your data safe without having personal back up you deserve whatever you get.

Last edited by cfrizz; 11-10-2012 at 11:16 PM.
cfrizz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:42 PM   #32
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
cfrizz

Usually it is here in the movies and the books, that the authorities assert that "you ain't got no stinking rights!"
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2012, 11:14 PM   #33
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
They can assert whatever the hell they want, but I have paid my hard earned money for them, they are in my possesion and I intend that they remain under my ownership, so I will do whatever I have to do to ensure that.

They want to have their cake and eat it too, well so do I. I will not be dictated to or permanantly enslaved by Amazon, Apple, or B&N by only being able to read my books on their machines, especially since B&N is teetering on the edge of bankruptcy!

If this happens what happens to all the people who have bought thier drm specific books? Do people pray that they are nice enough to find some other book store to host all these books so that people can still access them? What's the odds of that happening.

What will happen is that they will send out emails and tell people to back up their books because after such & such date they will be gone. Until this happens a great many people will remain clueless & eventually bookless and be up a creek and out of a whole lot of money to boot.

But that will be their hard lesson to learn, it won't be me.
cfrizz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:03 AM   #34
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensknight View Post
does this apply to my bank account as well? [emphasis mine]
The answer is yes and no. In the absence of government regualtion that says it is yours, you lose. Ever wonder why it is so easy for the government to confiscate allegedly ill-gotten monies before they have been proven to be ill-gotten?
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:31 AM   #35
teh603
Autism Spectrum Disorder
teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
TIn the absence of government regualtion that says it is yours, you lose.
You could make a very strong case that the entire reason we have FDIC insurance over here in the US is just to protect the money people have in traditional banks. Compare it with some investment banks who think nothing of losing millions of a customer's money on bad trades.
teh603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert