Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-13-2016, 10:49 AM   #1
picree
Connoisseur
picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Oasis KOA FW 5.13.3 JB
Test Kindle Installation Result

Kindle PW2 5.6.1.1 fully jailbroken running current KUAL, MrPI, backdoorlock, update.bin.tmp.partial, etc.

I was transferring the registration of the device to my spouse. After deregistering from my account (had to enable WiFi of course) and re-registering under my wife's Amazon account I had this document on the device:

"Test Kindle Installation Result"

The content of the document said:

"Dear Developer, Your Kindle is no longer a test Kindle and is unable to test items previously signed by authorized developers...."

Seems to be still jailbroken as the screensaver and font hacks still work but, of course KUAL doesn't work. I suppose they just revoked the keys and I can reinstall? This was unexpected behavior to me.
picree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 11:01 AM   #2
Yourcat
Groupie
Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.

Device: PW3 5.6.5-usbnet
Go offline and reboot. The bridge code should restore the keys during startup.
Yourcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2016, 11:27 AM   #3
picree
Connoisseur
picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Oasis KOA FW 5.13.3 JB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yourcat View Post
Go offline and reboot. The bridge code should restore the keys during startup.
Thanks. That fixed everything.
picree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 06:32 PM   #4
rob00
rob00 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Does this mean that I have to keep WiFi disconnected if I want to keep the jaibreak?
why does this happen? how can I prevent it from happening? and does this mean that now Amazon knows that I jailbroke my Kindle Touch?

Last edited by rob00; 10-19-2017 at 06:36 PM.
rob00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 06:50 PM   #5
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob00 View Post
Does this mean that I have to keep WiFi disconnected if I want to keep the jaibreak?

why does this happen?

how can I prevent it from happening?

and does this mean that now Amazon knows that I jailbroke my Kindle Touch?
NO.

Because the poster changed the registration state.
Which clears ALL application keys, both Amazon's and ours.

Do not change the registration state.

NO.
Nor do they care.
It is a "stock" message given whenever their system clears the application keys on the device.

NOTE:
'application keys' != '(device) jail break key'

and if a simple re-boot does not trigger the bridge code to fix it, re-installing the 'hotfix' package will.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2017, 11:47 PM   #6
rob00
rob00 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Test Kindle Installation Result

That bridge code comes to the rescue again! It looks like everybody should install the bridge as standard practice with a jailbreak.
THank for letting us know.
rob00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 06:54 AM   #7
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob00 View Post
That bridge code comes to the rescue again! It looks like everybody should install the bridge as standard practice with a jailbreak.
THank for letting us know.
IT IS installed with every jail break, assuming the user has followed the directions.
The fact that you didn't trigger it with a restart after changing the device registration does not mean it wasn't there.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote