Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 08-30-2011, 08:41 PM   #1
tekknogenius
Groupie
tekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocket Edge
Pocket eDGe auto-updated, but running ermine

I am running ermine and today it updated. The message that there was an update available for download. I let it do it's thing, not sure what it actually did, but it downloaded something then updated. Anyone else have this happen to their Pocket eDGe?

I thought 2.2.1 beta was all there was, right?

Last edited by tekknogenius; 08-30-2011 at 08:43 PM.
tekknogenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:00 PM   #2
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
All there is that I know of. I just tried to update and it said I had the latest. Check in settings and see if you don't still have 2.2.1

Might it have been app updates? They automatically update at times.
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2011, 09:25 PM   #3
tekknogenius
Groupie
tekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheese

LOL it reverted me back to Dingo 1.13. Too funny. Oh well, time to upgrade to Ermine again. Now, how do I turn the "check for update" option off...
Old 08-30-2011, 11:02 PM   #4
guttrhead
guttrhead began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket edge
i think you can use a root uninstaller to delete the update program.
guttrhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:30 PM   #5
bunodosoma
Connoisseur
bunodosoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bunodosoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bunodosoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bunodosoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bunodosoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PE,Novel,Nook Color
I believe it's here: Settings>eDGe settings>Default Device Settings>Auto Check For Updates. Mine's toggled off and has never checked for updates.
bunodosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2011, 11:49 PM   #6
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
After I checked it kept wanting to search, I just dragged the top bar down and pressed clear and it stopped.
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:43 PM   #7
tekknogenius
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunodosoma View Post
I believe it's here: Settings>eDGe settings>Default Device Settings>Auto Check For Updates. Mine's toggled off and has never checked for updates.
Thanks. I just turned it off.