Sauyadav began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo h2o, iPad mini, Note 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
Version 3.3 is out!
  • Margins are now automatically omitted in Panel View mode
  • Margin color fill is now autodetected
  • Created MOBI files are not longer marked as Personal on newer Kindle models
  • Layout of panels in Panel View mode is now automatically adjusted to content
  • Fixed Kindle 2/DX/DXG profiles - no more blank pages
  • All Kindle Fire profiles now support hiqh quality Panel View
  • Added support of 7z/CB7 files
  • Added Kindle Fire HDX profile
  • Support for Virtual Panel View was removed
  • Profiles for Kindle Keyboard, Touch and Non-Touch are now merged
  • Windows release is now bundled with UnRAR and 7za
  • Small GUI tweaks
Thank you so much!!
Sauyadav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:03 AM   #272
Robmonster
Wizard!
Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Voyage + Oasis2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
Version 3.3 is out!
  • Layout of panels in Panel View mode is now automatically adjusted to content
  • Support for Virtual Panel View was removed
Does this mean that the comic panels will be shown individually now, rather than showing the page one quarter at a time?

Rob
Robmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:08 AM   #273
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
No. No. Still quarters. But without margins and if page content is small Kindle will use less than 4 panels.

If I had algorithm that detect panels and cut them properly in every manga I would be rich man :-P
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:31 AM   #274
Robmonster
Wizard!
Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Voyage + Oasis2
Thanks for clarifying! I got excited for a moment
Robmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:45 PM   #275
Seifer
Seifer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle pw2
this looks great. thanks a lot for your hard work on this.
Seifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:26 PM   #276
tipszics
tipszics began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 Non-touch
Thanks for the new version!
I had an errot while trying it out. Took a screenshot of it http://i.imgur.com/6Zhzy2N.png .
The first volume converted without error, the second only got to the epub conversion. Should I link the volume I tried to convert?
tipszics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:35 PM   #277
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmm again that access denied error... check if there is no damaged files in volume 2.

EDIT:
I presume you tried again to convert that directory and it crash every time? If yes: Please compress that entire volume, upload somewhere and send me link in PM.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 10-07-2013 at 04:01 PM.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:20 AM   #278
welmoki
welmoki began at the beginning.

Device: kindl
Hi.

I run comic2ebook.py on my linux and get all the time

RuntimeError: One of workers crashed. Cause: Image file /tmp/KCC-TMP-Q_kObS/OEBPS/Images/Log01_Chapter001_21.png is corrupted

But it's not allways the same .png that is "corrupted". I can run the script many times and it stop to work on the different image
welmoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:21 AM   #279
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

That error might also appear when your Pillow installation is broken. Make sure it is compiled properly with jpg and png support.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:44 AM   #280
welmoki
welmoki began at the beginning.

Device: kindl
thx, it works
my python was broken, after new installation all OK
grate tool
welmoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:16 PM   #281
MrAkai
MrAkai began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-950
I just tried using your program after some issues making kindle mobi files of CBZ on Calibre, and so far so good!

I do have one question/comment?
I'm using the kindle app on android for testing and the pages seem to be locked in vertical (portrait) mode. Ideally, like when you purchase a book, you could turn it sideways and get two facing pages? Is there an option for that? I'm using just the Manga Mode checkbox. The spreads are split into two files already (ie 4.jpg and 5.jpg), so I just need a way to rotate the display and show both pages.

Thanks!
MrAkai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 02:44 AM   #282
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Hello MrAkai,
Feature about you asking is the part of Virtual Panel View. We dropped support of that mode 2 versions ago as enabling it make ANY modifications of panels impossible. We replaced it completely with normal, real Panel View. Currently only double pages can be shown horizontal if Horizonal mode is on.

Unless Amazon change KF8 format and allow to use unlocked alignment with real Panel Veiw we can't do anything to bring that feature back.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 10-11-2013 at 10:26 AM.
Old 10-13-2013, 01:20 PM   #283
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Version 3.4 is out!
  • Improved PNG output
  • Increased quality of upscaling
  • Added support of file association - KCC can now open CBZ, CBR, CB7, ZIP, RAR, 7Z and PDF files directly
  • Paths that contain UTF-8 characters are now supported
  • Migrated to new version of Pillow library
  • Merged DX and DXG profiles
  • Many other minor bug fixes and GUI tweaks
Old 10-13-2013, 01:34 PM   #284
kitgunner
kitgunner began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I'm sorry but I have this problem. I cannot enable landscape mode at all on my Kindle PW even though I do tick "horizontal mode". And when I use Kindle Previewer and view Book Information it says "Orientation Lock: portrait". Any Idea how to fix this? Thanks s lot!
kitgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:36 PM   #285
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

That is not a bug. Horizontal mode just tell KCC to not split double pages in half and rotate them. We don't support Kindle landscape mode. As it works only with Virtual Panel View. And we using real one.

Tags
k5 tools, kcc, kindle tools