Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-20-2012, 09:15 AM   #61
The CB
Enthusiast
The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmat1 View Post
I know this is a very tedious job, but is there any alternative ? (returning the commission ??)
I don't know how I missed this comment, thank you for your concern I must say I am lucky enough that this is a volunteering job so in one moment I can say I give up I will make file the way I can and know. Maybe I should use other way for this project.
The CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:35 AM   #62
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
Right, looking at a lot of the Prestigio documentation, reviews, specs etc., the epubs should work fully.

I downloaded one of the free e-books from the Prestigio site, and on examining found that the directory structure inside the epub is non-existant. That is to say all files are in topmost level - and on examining the html, it was converted with calibre!
Edit: the file was this one.

I've converted my testfile in calibre with the flatten structure option and as far as I can tell it matches the structure of the downloaded epub.

Can you now test this file, and report back.

Prestigio - Perkin.epub

Last edited by Perkin; 03-20-2012 at 11:02 AM.
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:43 AM   #63
The CB
Enthusiast
The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkin View Post

I've converted my testfile in calibre with the flatten structure option and as far as I can tell it matches the structure of the downloaded epub.

Can you now test this file, and report back.

Attachment 84266
Sorry for being late here it is how it looks as you could see it looks exactly like the previous one. I already tried flatten EPUB. I am thinking of buying Prestigio and running thousands test files to see why and what. I am annoyed. And I owe you guys a drink.

Code:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27794013/Prestigio%20Perkin.zip
Old 03-21-2012, 07:31 AM   #64
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
There's definitely something fundamentally wrong with Prestigio's renderer.

The list split leaving an enormous space between IMG_7037 & 7038 is part of the same list,

One paragraph is split also leaving a large space - between pics IMG_7039 & 40 - the beginning line on 7040 is part of the previous paragraph.

All code/pre/ol/ul blocks are just ignored as are hr's, and the beginning of one blockquote is actually missing : bottom of 7038

All justfication and padding seems to be ignored as well.

Is there any default settings on Prestigio's menus which could be overriding any inbuilt css. Has your tester seen any official epubs which have proper handling, and if so could we get some samples of it (pics and code if poss)?
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:23 AM   #65
The CB
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkin View Post
Is there any default settings on Prestigio's menus which could be overriding any inbuilt css. Has your tester seen any official epubs which have proper handling, and if so could we get some samples of it (pics and code if poss)?
It is funny that my styles gives center and it aligns it to left while yours it centers and when I say funny I really mean funny and unbelievable. I think that books on Feedbook page are working on Prestigio properly without any conversion and in that case preserve all styles. I will borrow one reader and will test few and will post results here.
Old 03-25-2012, 01:01 PM   #66
The CB
Enthusiast

I am coming back to put some kind of closure here. So far no Sigil-made EPUB can work on Prestigio 3162B. After conversion using Calibre it ignores the styles and use some default styles. I borrowed one Prestigio 3162B with older firmware and that one opened all EPUBs no matter where those were made but no headings, no page breaks, only text. It seems that somehow Prestigio programmers wanted to improve it but didn't succeed in it. What I can suggest users to upgrade firmware, but first to contact Prestigio support team. I am continuing in making EPUBS in Sigil because it is perfect for me.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:12 PM   #67
mmat1
Berti
mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer Lumiread
Quote:
Originally Posted by The CB View Post
I am coming back to put some kind of closure here.
So i hope, that you don't have to make ebooks for the prestigio in future. I wish you all the best.
mmat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 04:54 PM   #68
The CB
Enthusiast

Quote:
So i hope, that you don't have to make ebooks for the prestigio in future. I wish you all the best.
Thank you so much for all your help.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:42 PM   #69
The CB
Enthusiast

I just have to post again here. After almost a month of waiting for a reply from people from Prestigio, they told me that SiBil (e-book reader developing team member who has never heard of Sigil, or just typing mistake?) made EPUB can't be displayed on Prestigio 3126B but for that I need to buy 3126BN and if I need more devices they can give me good offer. Suuuure.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:01 PM   #70
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
I just have to post again here. After almost a month of waiting for a reply from people from Prestigio, they told me that SiBil (e-book reader developing team member who has never heard of Sigil, or just typing mistake?) made EPUB can't be displayed on Prestigio 3126B but for that I need to buy 3126BN and if I need more devices they can give me good offer. Suuuure.
3126 or 3162? The 3162, 3162B, and 3162BN all claim to support ePub so I would expect them all to be the same or they don't fix any of their products and only force you to buy new ones to get the features the original ones should have. I would say if you have to buy another one you are throwing good money after bad. I would not buy any of their products with that attitude.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:41 PM   #71
mmat1
Berti
mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer Lumiread
Quote:

Did they tell why, any details ???
mmat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:45 AM   #72
The CB
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
3126 or 3162? The 3162, 3162B, and 3162BN all claim to support ePub so I would expect them all to be the same or they don't fix any of their products and only force you to buy new ones to get the features the original ones should have. I would say if you have to buy another one you are throwing good money after bad. I would not buy any of their products with that attitude.

Dale
I am sorry for my late reply. Yes it is 3162B I just made mistake. The old FW on this one displayed Sigil-made EPUBS with no style but at least they could be open. Then they made new FW which was not able to open SIgil-made EPUB. Now they are offering me another model that could display this EPUB, probably till the next FW they release I am really trying to convince people not to buy that e-reader and that Kindle is worth waiting time to be delivered from USA and even cheaper to this, forgive me my language, trash they are selling in Serbia and Croatia...

Quote:

Did they tell why, any details ???
Well as you can imagine they said first that my project works ok on their 3162BN then I told them that I asked about 3162B. ""Ohhh on that one your project would not work but we have great offer for 3162BN". I wanted to tell them; " No thank you, I already have my Sony and Kindle" Every time I get surprised seeing how many incompetent people work on issues like this.