Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-08-2010, 06:18 AM   #1
Duglum
Enthusiast
Duglum has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Duglum has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Duglum has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Converting ligatures does not work

I read in the changelog for 0.7 that ligatures are automatically converted now. This doesn't work for me though. I tried it with 0.7 and 0.7.1, no luck so far.

Attached is a sample one-page input PDF and two output epubs with the option "Keep ligatures" set and not set.

Thanks,
Duglum
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Ligature-Test - Test.pdf (21.6 KB, 378 views)
File Type: epub Ligature-Test - Remove Ligatures.epub (3.2 KB, 313 views)
File Type: epub Ligature-Test - Keep Ligatures.epub (3.2 KB, 292 views)
Duglum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 12:06 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That pdf uses a technique to encode ligatures that will only be supported by the upcoming new pdf conversion engine. (Currently ligature removal depends on the pdf to html engine correctly detecting ligatures, which works for some, but not all pdf files)
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2010, 12:45 PM   #3
Duglum
Enthusiast
Duglum has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Duglum has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Duglum has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Ah, I thought calibre 0.7 was already using the new conversion engine. Thanks for the clarfification!

Duglum
Duglum is offline   Reply With Quote