Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-01-2013, 07:47 AM   #46
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Moaan Inkpalm 5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolina View Post
I think there's quite a few people potentially interested, but all waiting for someone else to buy it first
I second that
jlynton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:01 AM   #47
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Looks pretty crap. I guess if you are desperate for buttons then you take what you can get but everyone else would be far better off with a Kindle or a Kobo.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2013, 08:08 AM   #48
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
Looks pretty crap. I guess if you are desperate for buttons then you take what you can get but everyone else would be far better off with a Kindle or a Kobo.
I don't see what is crap about it, I think the database and library system on the kobo is pretty crap.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:16 AM   #49
ST-One
Addict
ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Icarus8, Kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynton View Post
I don't see what is crap about it, I think the database and library system on the kobo is pretty crap.
I agree.
ST-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:44 AM   #50
inthemood
Zealot
inthemood began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Forma 32G
No dictionaries !!!
inthemood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2013, 11:25 AM   #51
jlynton
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthemood View Post
No dictionaries !!!
I appreciate that no dictionaries may put some people off (there aren't any, but whether or not they can be installed remains to be seen), but for me they are not neccesary.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:55 AM   #52
inthemood
Zealot
inthemood began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Forma 32G
Dictionaries included in e-readers are a big plus for me and one of the specificities of ebook reading that makes it a different experience from normal reading as well as an interesting one.

Have a good day.
inthemood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:58 AM   #53
jlynton
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthemood View Post
Dictionaries included in e-readers are a big plus for me and one of the specificities of ebook reading that makes it a different experience from normal reading as well as an interesting one.

Have a good day.
Personally I use my reader for just that; normal reading.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:08 PM   #54
jehane
Book addict
jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300/T1/Asus TF101
Quote:
As far as I can tell you can do both, you can download the manual from http://www.totalereaders.com/icarus/...al_English.pdf for more/better information.
Third edit...After reading the manual and seeing nothing about wifi, I've just realised that the manual is for a different model. Off to find the correct one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolina View Post
I think there's quite a few people potentially interested, but all waiting for someone else to buy it first
LOL, yes. Especially if I'm buying from overseas and can't see it for myself in a shop first.

Last edited by jehane; 10-01-2013 at 05:27 PM.
jehane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:54 AM   #55
jlynton
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jehane View Post
Third edit...After reading the manual and seeing nothing about wifi, I've just realised that the manual is for a different model. Off to find the correct one...
Sorry, I have corrected the original post, and here is the corrct link:
http://www.totalereaders.com/icarus/...ser_manual.pdf
Old 10-02-2013, 05:29 AM   #56
jlynton
Evangelist

There is an interesting discussion (in Spanish) going on at http://forokd.com/showthread.php/105...us-Illumina-HD - The gist being that it is probably a rebadged onyx, one of the commenters says that they will be lent one by a friend, and will post his views soon...
I will keep an eye on that.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:42 PM   #57
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
It's definitely not a rebranded Onyx. Both the form factor and the firmware are too different from other Onyx models.

I'd bet this is a slightly modified Gmini model - compare with this one. Made in Korea.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:38 PM   #58
jlynton
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetmolm View Post
It's definitely not a rebranded Onyx. Both the form factor and the firmware are too different from other Onyx models.

I'd bet this is a slightly modified Gmini model - compare with this one. Made in Korea.
You are right, they certainly look very similar indeed.

There is a video at http://www.nomobile.ru/reviews/196353.html - the more I see, the more I like this device.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:58 PM   #59
jlynton
Evangelist

There is a new review at goodereader.com:

http://goodereader.com/blog/electron...ina-hd-ereader
Old 10-03-2013, 02:27 PM   #60
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
There is a new review at goodereader.com:

http://goodereader.com/blog/electron...ina-hd-ereader
Nothing new in this review really (it is not a well done review either, but gooereader reviews never are). It's a basic reader, not complicated, not quick either, with a good set of specs for the entrance level of the e-reader market. It cannot do anything apart from reading. If this is what you want, go for it, but the real estate is really big...
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote