Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 11-18-2010, 09:10 AM   #31
mrspaceman
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontpanic View Post
I actually agree with Garrett. We have certainly not maintained our standard for customer support over the last ten days. What we experienced with the HSN sales was an overnight change in the types of problems/questions people have, a shift in the ratio of calls to e-mail tickets from 5:95 to 95:5, and extremely long call times as normal instead of as the exception. This has produced the result of clogging our tech support lines significantly. We have increased the number of people answering calls and returning messages significantly, and have people working twelve hour shifts to get through this backlog. We are catching up and know what we were doing wrong and hope to earn Garrett's confidence.

Garrett, private message me your phone number and I will call you this morning if you are available.

Tom Conklin
This is exactly the sort of communication we (customers) need to keep feeling "good" about Entourage.

Brilliant.
(now just enable debugging on Device without having to resort to rooting it

Old 11-19-2010, 10:19 PM   #32
Chubulor
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steed View Post
Point Entourage!!!! If that is not good customer service I don't know what is. Try getting that kind of service with Apple.
Meh, apologies only go so far. Good customer service would have been not creating the customer service problem in the first place. Did Entourage mark the wrong date on their office calendar for the release of the Pocket Edge and get caught off guard? Did they think that HSN customers were going to be low-maintenance? Remember, it was their decision to release it on HSN rather than a more tech-savvy point of sale, and they chose the date of release. These aren't just accidents that they had no control over.

But it is good that dontpanic is up-front and honest about it. I would never give my phone number to a random person on the Internet, though.

Advert
Old 11-20-2010, 10:06 AM   #33
Gunnerp245
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarrettP1 View Post
I appreciate Don'tPanic's offer of help. I sent him my phone number just now. Garrett
Interested in the status...

Old 11-20-2010, 11:31 AM   #34
kingjf
Edge User

My expereince is opposite...tech support has answered every question I had, by email, usually within a few hours...i think the tech support i have been shown is wonderful

Old 11-21-2010, 04:44 PM   #35
GarrettP1
Edge User

Don'tPanic did indeed call me and help me get an RMA for return/repair.
I only sent my Edge out today (from a Fed Ex facility) because I've been in the OR all week.
That's one reason that service is important to me: I only get small windows in which to accomplish things due to my work.
I appreciate them contacting me, I just wish it had been sooner so that I could have sent it back when I had a lull in surgical cases.
I'll keep you posted regarding follow-up.
Garrett

Advert
Old 11-21-2010, 06:06 PM   #36
jsfiller
Edge User

Thanks Garrett. I'd like to know how things turn out.