Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-16-2011, 12:47 PM   #1
blanny431
blanny431 began at the beginning.

Device: pandigital
Help with white 7" Pandigital novel

hi well just to start I know absolutely nothing about anything digital or anything close...so with that being said I have a 7" white pandigital and all I want to do is turn it into the android that they even say is OK to do some kind of open (something) but right off the bat Im lost because they launch right off saying input the card with all the info on it???????????are you kidding I have no card I have no info???????????man can someone please let me know where I can go to get step by step info...I tried this one guy where he says you can root the thing and about 2 steps in he says plug the thing into my computer so I did that and whart come up on my computer is the part that comes up when I import my pictures to my computer it isnt even close to what he had ...so Im immediately lost...CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!! this thing is actually pretty worthless without this other stuff!!!!!!!!! HELP!arggggggggggggggggggggggggggg THANKS KEV
blanny431 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 03:49 PM   #2
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Device: NookColor (MiRage/CM7.2 & Moon+ Reader Pro)
You should do some reading first. A good place to start: http://www.slatedroid.com/index.php?board=43.0
tselling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 04:18 PM   #3
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
The best advice I can give you is to return it
SameOldStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:09 PM   #4
MikeFromHC
Zealot
MikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-books

Device: Pandigital Novel
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanny431 View Post
hi well just to start I know absolutely nothing about anything digital or anything close...so with that being said I have a 7" white pandigital and all I want to do is turn it into the android that they even say is OK to do some kind of open (something) but right off the bat Im lost because they launch right off saying input the card with all the info on it???????????are you kidding I have no card I have no info???????????man can someone please let me know where I can go to get step by step info...I tried this one guy where he says you can root the thing and about 2 steps in he says plug the thing into my computer so I did that and whart come up on my computer is the part that comes up when I import my pictures to my computer it isnt even close to what he had ...so Im immediately lost...CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!! this thing is actually pretty worthless without this other stuff!!!!!!!!! HELP!arggggggggggggggggggggggggggg THANKS KEV
The directions that come with the package are about as clear as you are going to get.
As they say, the card that must be removed is INSIDE the device.
They give directions on how to remove the back cover to get to that card.

NOTE. The directions also point out that if you do this your warranty is void.

But it is a straight forward.

What exactly is it that you need that makes this reader useless without it?
MikeFromHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:08 PM   #5
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
Did you get one of those $60 Kohl's deals? If so, I'll be glad to buy it from you.
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:11 PM   #6
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
I had a pandigital some time ago before it got stolen and let me tell you that thing was bad news from the start. Thing could never do anything right. The replacement is my current Libra Pro. Those Pandigital's are bad to the bone.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:05 AM   #7
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
I had a pandigital some time ago before it got stolen and let me tell you that thing was bad news from the start. Thing could never do anything right. The replacement is my current Libra Pro. Those Pandigital's are bad to the bone.
It actually turns out to be a matter of personal preference. During the $60 Kohl's clearance, I had convinced quite a few of my family and friends to pick one up. They have a variety of levels of technical proficiency. Some are using it stock out-of-the-box and are really enjoying the functionality that it provides.

The rest, myself included, installed an alternative firmware from Pandigital that opens up the PDN to be a full-fledged Android tablet.... working Android Market, Google apps. Pretty amazing for a $60 device.

As an ebook reader, it is "ok". IMO, the screen is not really suitable for long reading sessions. As an ecomic reader, it is better. But I agree with you, I much prefer my Libre Pro for reading.
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:32 AM   #8
PodPeople
Connoisseur
PodPeople doesn't litterPodPeople doesn't litter

Device: Nook Simple Touch, iPad 3, Kindle 4B
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysJeepMan View Post
The rest, myself included, installed an alternative firmware from Pandigital that opens up the PDN to be a full-fledged Android tablet.... working Android Market, Google apps. Pretty amazing for a $60 device.
The white PDN with hacked Android firmware is a very cool device but it's not really a "fully fledged" Android tablet. Since it doesn't have GPS, a camera or a microphone it won't run a lot of apps that use those capabilities. But lots of apps do work and for Kohl's sale price of $60 it is an amazing bargain.
PodPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:02 AM   #9
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PodPeople View Post
The white PDN with hacked Android firmware is a very cool device but it's not really a "fully fledged" Android tablet. Since it doesn't have GPS, a camera or a microphone it won't run a lot of apps that use those capabilities. But lots of apps do work and for Kohl's sale price of $60 it is an amazing bargain.
I wasn't aware that GPS, camera, and microphone were required hardware features for an Android tablet to be considered "fully fledged".
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:45 PM   #10
PodPeople
Connoisseur
PodPeople doesn't litterPodPeople doesn't litter

Device: Nook Simple Touch, iPad 3, Kindle 4B
I guess some tablets are more fully fledged than others! ;>)
PodPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:41 PM   #11
MikeFromHC
Zealot
MikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-books

Device: Pandigital Novel
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysJeepMan View Post
As an ebook reader, it is "ok". IMO, the screen is not really suitable for long reading sessions. As an ecomic reader, it is better. But I agree with you, I much prefer my Libre Pro for reading.
I have no problem with it and frequently read for a couple hours at a time.
In between I am looking at other LCD screens and reading for hours.
MikeFromHC is offline   Reply With Quote