Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 09-17-2010, 03:17 AM   #1
robd
robd began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 903 (hoping soon!)
pdf navigation

Hi, I had been waiting for 901 for months, now I'm very happy to see videos and pictures of 902/903.
I don't own a reader, at first I looked to Kindle DX, but I didn't buy it for its weak support to PDF files.

The first thing that I notice about new devices is that they have very few (real) buttons.

I'm sure they are OK for "normal" book reading, but I'm quite dubious about technical books reading (PDF manuals/datasheets).
What I need is to quickly jump to "Table of contents", jump to a specific page number (writing the exact number), follow a link to another page....

Is it possible to do these things in a fast way?

If 902 can't be so fast.. do 903 meet my requirements with the aid of touch screen?

Just some example:
is it possible to compose a page number using a numeric keypad that appears "on the fly"?
is it possible to divide the screen with a clickable TOC on the left and the selected page on the right?

Thank you!

PS: do you know if the touch screen layer on 903 worse the screen reading quality?
robd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 06:36 AM   #2
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
I'll answer what I have an answer for :

the "Go to page" feature already uses a numeric keypad appearing "on the fly" in the older models, and it goes fast enough for me. If you need it very often, you can tweak one button to allow you direct access to that feature.

The Wacom touch screen doesn't worsen the screen quality. However, you can't use it with your fingers, but you need the stylus to make it work.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2010, 02:59 AM   #3
robd
robd began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 903 (hoping soon!)
Thank you for the infos!

Definitely my choice is going to be the 903 model.
Now.. let's wait for it!
I hope that the release of 903 will be near the release of 902!
robd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 05:56 PM   #4
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
They come all simultaneously, it appears.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote