Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-03-2009, 03:57 PM   #1
suipedali
suipedali began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader prs 505
Unable to load books to Sony Reader

I have a Sony Reader PRS 505. I am unable to upload DRM Books that I have purchased from Waterstones. I have a Mac Book Pro running OS X 10.5.6, I have Adobe Digital Editions installed which is where the purchased DRM files are stored. I've installed Calibre and transferred the DRM files to Calibre. The Sony Reader shows as a massed storage device on the Mac. Can somebody PLEASE help me. I've also tried to store the files onto a SD card. These show as Books on the reader but thet have no content just a title. HELP!
suipedali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:14 PM   #2
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
I don't have a Mac but I think you should be able to drag & drop
the books when you are in ADE. Make sure you 505 is connected.

From the Purchased list or the Library list (in ADE), try left click hold
and dragging to underneath the PRS505 (on left side list).

Drop book and it should download to 505.
AbFabGab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2009, 04:19 PM   #3
suipedali

The Sony Reader doesn't show as a Device in ADE. It only shows as a sotarage device on the desk top.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:21 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by suipedali View Post
The Sony Reader doesn't show as a Device in ADE. It only shows as a sotarage device on the desk top.
You can move the files to the Sony using Finder. DE doesn't recognize the reader on a Mac because there is no driver for the Mac.

You need to copy the files to the "digital editions" folder on the Sony device.

BOb

Last edited by pilotbob; 04-03-2009 at 04:26 PM.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:24 PM   #5
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
I thought I had an easy fix for you... sorry about that.

You can move the books in your computer's file system
.. like drag & drop.. just like you could with other files.

I don't know if that helps any...

I am sure someone else will be along shortly to assist you.
We are generally a helpful bunch!
AbFabGab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2009, 04:39 PM   #6
suipedali

Where is the DE folder on the Reader?
Old 04-03-2009, 04:41 PM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by suipedali View Post
Where is the DE folder on the Reader?
That I can't tell you. I don't have one. Someone with a 505 that has DE books will have to help you there. I am sure they will be along soon.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:58 PM   #8
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
It's a folder called "Digital Editions" alongside the normal "database" one. Try just dropping the file in there, although you might also try the standard "\database\media\books\" folder too, as my DE recognised books in both when viewing the 505 from within DE.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 05:02 PM   #9
suipedali

Are you using a Mac too gwynevans?
Old 04-03-2009, 05:13 PM   #10
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Sorry, no! (I work from home using a corporate laptop running WinXP.)

Have you read the other posts about getting DE running on a Mac, though? I think there was something about a one-off authorisation process needing to be done on Windows, then it could all be done on the Mac? If that's not familiar, then there's more info out there you need to have a look at...

[Later...]
What you need to do is get access to a Windows machine that you can install the Sony Desktop software and ADE and authorize it to your AdobeID.

Next, plug in your Sony Reader and then in ADE, select the Reader and choose "Authorize Device" from the Library menu (or similar - from memory so the wording may be off).

At this point you have a Sony Reader which is authorized to your AdobeID. For any eBooks you purchase on the Mac (with ADE 1.5 authorized to the same AdobeID), you will be able to copy the .pdf/.epub files to your Sony Reader, using the Finder, and then be able to view then on your Sony Reader.

Original: See Jim Lester's post in this thread.

Last edited by gwynevans; 04-03-2009 at 05:22 PM.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 01:59 PM   #11
shadowwolf36
Enthusiast
shadowwolf36 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Digital
Does anyone ever have a problem dragging and dropping? I generally have no issue but the last couple of books I have purchase have frozen the library (not responding) completely when I try to drag and drop. Thinking it was the book itself, I deleted and re-downloaded it but still it continues to be an issue with all books now.....any ideas?

I have actually just done another book with no problem but "King of Lies" Freebie is the book freezing it up.....

Last edited by shadowwolf36; 04-21-2009 at 02:04 PM.
shadowwolf36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 05:02 PM   #12
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwolf36 View Post
Does anyone ever have a problem dragging and dropping? I generally have no issue but the last couple of books I have purchase have frozen the library (not responding) completely when I try to drag and drop. Thinking it was the book itself, I deleted and re-downloaded it but still it continues to be an issue with all books now.....any ideas?

I have actually just done another book with no problem but "King of Lies" Freebie is the book freezing it up.....
You're not alone, the same title is doing it to me as well. A previous freebie did it too (I can't recall the title right now) but it eventually resolved itself.
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 12:31 AM   #13
tiananmen
tiananmen began at the beginning.

Device: none
Smile Can I drag PDF files directly from PC to SD card for PRS-600?

Help!

Anyone kindly let me know whether PRS-600 reads PDF files in SD card that were directly copied from PC without transferred from its eLibrary?

THANKSSSSSSS
tiananmen is offline   Reply With Quote