Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 01-31-2024, 02:57 PM   #1
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Apple store purchases

Can Apple store ebooks downloaded to ibooks be transferred to Maple Read or Marvin? If so, how.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 05:24 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
Can Apple store ebooks downloaded to ibooks be transferred to Maple Read or Marvin? If so, how.
Nope. You are out of luck due to the fact that nobody really cares about eBooks from Apple. If you want your eBooks to be read in MapleRead or Marvin, you will need calibre with DeDRM 10.0.9 and ordinary ePub not bought from Apple.

Buy from Kobo and you'll be able to remove the DRM and read them as you like.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2024, 10:23 AM   #3
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Nope. You are out of luck due to the fact that nobody really cares about eBooks from Apple. If you want your eBooks to be read in MapleRead or Marvin, you will need calibre with DeDRM 10.0.9 and ordinary ePub not bought from Apple.

Buy from Kobo and you'll be able to remove the DRM and read them as you like.
Appreciate your conformation. Unfortunately, I can't find anywhere to buy books that will download to my Mac for use in Calibre. Kobo won't download except for to their own software. Same for Amazon and I can't get the DeDrm to work on Amazon books. It seems all companies are tightening up their policies requiring me to read on their apps. I have been trying lately using free ebooks, maybe that is the problem.
Old 02-01-2024, 10:26 AM   #4
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Appreciate your conformation. Unfortunately, I can't find anywhere to buy books that will download to my Mac for use in Calibre. Kobo won't download except for to their own software. Same for Amazon and I can't get the DeDrm to work on Amazon books. It seems all companies are tightening up their policies requiring me to read on their apps. I have been trying lately using free ebooks, maybe that is the problem.
Of course Kobo books will download, unless you mean Kobo Plus borrowed books. Google Play books can be downloaded as well.

Last edited by Sirtel; 02-01-2024 at 10:29 AM.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 10:30 AM   #5
peaceridge
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Of course Kobo books will download, unless you mean Kobo Plus borrowed books.
No, not Kobo Plus. I only get the options of open on computer and open in application, no downloads. Maybe because I'm trying with free books from author websites. I didn't want to spend the $ to buy a book if I couldn't get it to work.
Advert
Old 02-01-2024, 10:36 AM   #6
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
No, not Kobo Plus. I only get the options of open on computer and open in application, no downloads. Maybe because I'm trying with free books from author websites. I didn't want to spend the $ to buy a book if I couldn't get it to work.
Go to My Account -> My Books on the Kobo website. Click on the three dots you should see on the book covers in your library and select Download.
Old 02-01-2024, 10:55 AM   #7
peaceridge
Guru

Quote:
Go to My Account -> My Books on the Kobo website. Click on the three dots you should see on the book covers in your library and select Download.
Wow - you are a lifesaver! I had tried everything, even contacting Kobo. So simple, when you know. Ok, so Kobo will now be my go to ebook supplier.
Old 02-01-2024, 11:56 AM   #8
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Wow - you are a lifesaver! I had tried everything, even contacting Kobo. So simple, when you know. Ok, so Kobo will now be my go to ebook supplier.
You can do the same with Google Play books, so there's another alternative.
Old 02-01-2024, 11:59 AM   #9
peaceridge
Guru

Quote:
You can do the same with Google Play books, so there's another alternative.
I'll add it to my list. Thanks.
Old 02-01-2024, 12:56 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'll add it to my list. Thanks.
And there is also eBooks.com where you can download ePub where any DRM can be removed.

Do you have calibre and DeDRM 10.0.9?
Old 02-02-2024, 11:30 AM   #11
peaceridge
Guru

Quote:
And there is also eBooks.com where you can download ePub where any DRM can be removed.

Do you have calibre and DeDRM 10.0.9?
No, because I can't get 10.0.9 to download. I found it on gethub, but there is no where to download it.
Old 02-16-2024, 10:00 AM   #12
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Quote:
No, because I can't get 10.0.9 to download. I found it on gethub, but there is no where to download it.
Download 10.0.3, it is the latest stable. If you want 10.0.9, you will need to compile and make the release yourself from source code.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 10:26 AM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfog View Post
Download 10.0.3, it is the latest stable. If you want 10.0.9, you will need to compile and make the release yourself from source code.
No you won't. 10.0.9 is already to go.
Old 02-16-2024, 10:29 AM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
https://github.com/noDRM/DeDRM_tools/releases

There you go.
Old 02-16-2024, 10:33 AM   #15
peaceridge
Guru

Quote:
Thanks Jon, but I don't see where to download on that page. Maybe not enough coffee or Apple or Firefox has removed the button. Can you direct me to where on the page I can find it?