Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-20-2021, 02:03 PM   #1
imNOTdwight
imNOTdwight began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Send to Device based on file format

Hello.

I've been trying to send books to different destinations on my device, based on the file type.

Imagine I have two formats in my Calibre library, kepub and epub.

I want to send kepubs to books/author/title, and epubs to .books/author-series-series_index-title.

I've wrote the following "model" but it doesn't work:

Code:
program:
	if field('formats') == "kepub" then
		return strcat("books", "/", field('authors'), field('title'))
	else
		return strcat(".books/", field('authors'), "-", field('series'), "-", field('series_index'), "-", field('title'), field('formats'))
	fi;
it's a very simple implementation, if I got to work I would then add nested conditionals for the series and series_index...

Any help would be appreciated.
imNOTdwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 01:28 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
In what way doesn't it work? Is it not working at all? Or is only part of it not working? And there is no were near enough explanation of what you are actually trying to achieve. For example, are you trying to send a kepub when it exists, or only if it is the only format. Or the only format that is supported by the device.

But, I can think of two problems.

The test 'field('formats') == 'kepub'' will only return true if the only format you have for the book is kepub. If you have anything else as well, it will be false. But, the driver is probably set to send the kepub in preference to the epub or other format. And you will have problems if you have a kepub and a non-supported format such as AZW3. The kepub will be sent, but, the test will fail.

You probably want to use "'KEPUB' in field('formats')". That will return true if one of the formats for the books is kepub.

The other problem is that calibre sanitises the file path when sending the book. That means for the non-kepub path, the leading dot is probably going to be changed to an underscore.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2021, 02:47 AM   #3
imNOTdwight

I'm sorry for not being specific enough.

My library contains two types of books:
1- epubs that have kepub versions created with kepubify
2- PDF documents

PDFs aside, I'd like that when I send a specific format, let's say epubs, they go to a hidden folder for use with KOReader, and when I send another format, kepub, they go to a regular books directory for use with nickel.

This is so I can have different “libraries” for me and my wife on the same device.

Using 'KEPUB' or 'kepub' makes no difference.

If I use an elif instead of else the resulting file names are just the id number and the file extension, put in the device root. If not it's always the else clause that is used. The test is always false.

If the dot always gets turned into an underscore then I don't think I can hide epubs from nickel.
Old 12-21-2021, 08:19 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In that case, all you need to do is to change the condition for the kepub to what I said. That will put the kepub version where you want it when it. Which means it looks like:

Code:
program:
	if 'KEPUB' in field('formats') then
		return strcat("books", "/", field('authors'), field('title'))
	else
		return strcat(".books/", field('authors'), "-", field('series'), "-", field('series_index'), "-", field('title'), field('formats'))
	fi;
But, I can't do anything about the leading dot in the directory name.
Old 12-21-2021, 09:00 AM   #5
imNOTdwight

That condition is always false.

Both files are saved to the same location with the same name (except for the extension).

Guess I won't be able to do it.

If only the kobotouchextended or something would convert to one location and copy the epub to another on the device. It would achieve what I need.
Advert
Old 12-21-2021, 09:45 PM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by imNOTdwight View Post
That condition is always false.

Both files are saved to the same location with the same name (except for the extension).

Guess I won't be able to do it.

If only the kobotouchextended or something would convert to one location and copy the epub to another on the device. It would achieve what I need.
You know you missed something very important. Until that last statement, everything you have said implied you have kepubs in the library and are sending them to the device. But, if you are using the KobTouchExtended driver, you are probably sending an epub.

The test you are using is basically, "Do I have a kepub as one of the formats for the current book?" And the answer is apparently no. Change the test to use "epub" and it should do what you want. I don't remember exactly when calibre runs the template, so I am not sure if it is possible to work out exactly what format is being sent.

Tags
filetypes, formats, send to device