Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-30-2009, 06:23 PM   #106
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
SolRaven, you know you're responding to posts that are over 8 months old. So views may or may not valid with the introduction of new readers since then.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 06:30 PM   #107
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
SolRaven, you know you're responding to posts that are over 8 months old. So views may or may not valid with the introduction of new readers since then.
Yeah I just realised that. LOL... it's just another case of the power of the written word. Doesn't matter when it was written, it carries the same effect.

I don't even know how I found this thread, but still interested if anyone found a way to do this.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2009, 06:38 PM   #108
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolRaven View Post
Yeah I just realised that. LOL... it's just another case of the power of the written word. Doesn't matter when it was written, it carries the same effect.

I don't even know how I found this thread, but still interested if anyone found a way to do this.
If you were using your own iPod, there is some software called backup extractor (search the forum for more information) that would allow you to get the Kindle book off the iPod and onto your computer. You would then have to strip the DRM to be able to read it on your computer or another device.

The main problem, if I recall, is that you don't live anywhere near your cousin who owns the iPod Touch. Unless you want to get your own iPhone or iPod Touch and redownload the book, it's going to be a hassel. At this point since it's just one book, I'd consider it a loss (it's too late to ask for a refund).

You may want to hold out for the Barnes & Noble ebook store. I highly suggest taking a quick look at their terms and conditions before you purchase (or lease as in the case of Amazon), so you don't get burned again.
Old 08-30-2009, 06:43 PM   #109
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
If you were using your own iPod, there is some software called backup extractor (search the forum for more information) that would allow you to get the Kindle book off the iPod and onto your computer. You would then have to strip the DRM to be able to read it on your computer or another device.

The main problem, if I recall, is that you don't live anywhere near your cousin who owns the iPod Touch. Unless you want to get your own iPhone or iPod Touch and redownload the book, it's going to be a hassel. At this point since it's just one book, I'd consider it a loss (it's too late to ask for a refund).

You may want to hold out for the Barnes & Noble ebook store. I highly suggest taking a quick look at their terms and conditions before you purchase (or lease as in the case of Amazon), so you don't get burned again.
How'd you remember that? Yeah, my cousin lives 4 hours away. Since then I've found many other resources other than Amazon, including using my local library to borrow books, so just as I suspected, it's becoming less of an issue. I suspect by next year either Amazon will open it's doors or pricing elsewhere will be just as competitive across the board.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 06:57 PM   #110
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolRaven View Post
How'd you remember that? Yeah, my cousin lives 4 hours away. Since then I've found many other resources other than Amazon, including using my local library to borrow books, so just as I suspected, it's becoming less of an issue. I suspect by next year either Amazon will open it's doors or pricing elsewhere will be just as competitive across the board.
Hey, sometimes I remember stuff!

I remember because your's was a unique situation and I was one of those trying to help you. I was stumped by the distance between you and your cousin.

I'm glad you've found other sources to help you get your read on. Hopefully more avenues are coming.
Advert
Old 09-04-2009, 08:21 AM   #111
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Okay lets be serious. Before you can purchase a Kindle book, you must have a Kindle registered to your amazon account.
The book can be downloaded to your computer, but is only readable on the registered Kindle.

So Im saying the answer is "no".
I haven't tried it and already have registered my 2 Kindles in my account.
But I've read somewhere, it would be possible to purchase without having a Kindle, just registering the iPhone instead?
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 08:38 AM   #112
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
But I've read somewhere, it would be possible to purchase without having a Kindle, just registering the iPhone instead?
Yeeeeeeeeees
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:07 AM   #113
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post

That post of mine was from December of '08, and in no way applies to iPhone downloads.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 02:10 PM   #114
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
And, speaking as one of those "parasitic lawyers" you seem to dislike so much, please do let me know how well you fare in your country's court system with no lawyer to defend you.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote