Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 05-10-2014, 09:16 AM   #1
mikapanja
Perfectionist
mikapanja can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermikapanja can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermikapanja can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermikapanja can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermikapanja can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermikapanja can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermikapanja can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermikapanja can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermikapanja can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermikapanja can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermikapanja can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: none
New suggestions

@ Kovid

I'm using your editor on a daily basis, so new ideas about enhancing it come up regularly. Here are a few, I hope to get your opinion.

1) Could you add a new color scheme, so that one can choose white background for editing code?

2) Could you enable refreshing the ToC pane after editing the .ncx file directly, just like refreshing File Preview pane after editing code?

3) It would be great if one could select multiple instances while editing code by holding the CTRL key. If performing the same operation in different locations, it would speed up things quite a lot.

4) Also, having the overwrite mode while editing code could come in handy.

Thank you in advance.
mikapanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 09:44 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
1) There will eventually be the ability to create your own color schemes

2) Not worth the effort. Why are you editing the ncx directly anyway? Use the ToC editor.

3) Way too much work

4) Sure
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2014, 11:24 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I decided to implement (2) after all, as I realized it wasn't a lot of effort.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:27 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You seem to do this kind of thing a lot
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:10 PM   #5
mikapanja
Perfectionist
mikapanja can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermikapanja can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermikapanja can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermikapanja can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermikapanja can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermikapanja can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermikapanja can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermikapanja can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermikapanja can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermikapanja can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermikapanja can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Quote:
Thank you, I appreciate it
Advert
Old 05-10-2014, 12:13 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You seem to do this kind of thing a lot
I can never make up my mind
Old 05-10-2014, 12:31 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I can never make up my mind
Nah!
You design and write good and flexible code that allows you to easily add options.
Old 05-12-2014, 02:17 AM   #8
DigitEditLab
DigitEditLab began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Samsung Note II, Kindle and a few more
@ kovid +1

5/ I dearly miss this Sigil-feature: to right-click on a class in a XHTML file just to jump onto this very class on the proper CSS file... Is this planned?
DigitEditLab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 06:52 AM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Yes it is, though it will be a lot more sophisticated than Sigil's. It will work for all types of css rules that affect a tag, not just classes.
Old 05-12-2014, 08:48 AM   #10
DigitEditLab
DigitEditLab began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Samsung Note II, Kindle and a few more
Quote:
Yes it is, though it will be a lot more sophisticated than Sigil's. It will work for all types of css rules that affect a tag, not just classes.
Thanks in advance, Kovid. Calibre will be even more interesting/efficient to use.
DigitEditLab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 08:53 AM   #11
mikapanja
Perfectionist

@ kovid

I'm editing a book comprised of .xml text files. I need to add a blank .xml file, but when I do so, it appears in the Miscellaneous section, not in the Text section where I need it. And I can't use drag-and-drop from Misc to Text.

On the other hand, the blank .html and .xhtml files get added in the Text section. Could the blank .xml files get the same treatment?
Old 05-12-2014, 09:30 AM   #12
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Just use .xhtml

There is absolutely no reason to use .xml

And if you must use .xml then change the mimetype manually in the opf file.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:55 AM   #13
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I have a question, I apologize in advance is this is not the place to ask. Is there any way to rename automatically a set of selected xhtml files?

Thanks in advance.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 10:23 AM   #14
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I have a question, I apologize in advance is this is not the place to ask. Is there any way to rename automatically a set of selected xhtml files?

Thanks in advance.
Just a tiny bit further down the right-click menu there is 'Bulk Rename'

You do need to have a group of files selected
Old 05-12-2014, 11:18 AM   #15
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Just a tiny bit further down the right-click menu there is 'Bulk Rename'

You do need to have a group of files selected
Why did I have a feeling that I was to get that answer? Thank you very much.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote