Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-19-2014, 12:50 PM   #1
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Question impact of metal on sleep function

Most of my books are stored on industrial type metal shelves, 4 floors up from my flat. I was there yesterday to weed out books to throw away or give away, checking on the calibre catalogue on my kobo aura which I had as an ebook and which not (I have some 4500 references on calibre, and am not always sure which I have as an epub as well as on paper).

Standing (on metal steps) while I screened the top shelves, I was surprised that the aura went to sleep on its own every time I laid it on the metal shelves (in its cover, folded). I had to hold it to keep it awake.

How come?
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:58 PM   #2
Anagnostis
Anagnostis plays well with othersAnagnostis plays well with othersAnagnostis plays well with othersAnagnostis plays well with othersAnagnostis plays well with othersAnagnostis plays well with othersAnagnostis plays well with othersAnagnostis plays well with othersAnagnostis plays well with othersAnagnostis plays well with othersAnagnostis plays well with others

Device: Kindle PW/PW2 - Kobo Aura HD -iPad 3
I have the same behavior when i put my Aura HD on top of my iPad !!
Anagnostis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2014, 01:18 PM   #3
arspr
Dead account. Bye
arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by anacreon View Post
Most of my books are stored on industrial type metal shelves, 4 floors up from my flat. I was there yesterday to weed out books to throw away or give away, checking on the calibre catalogue on my kobo aura which I had as an ebook and which not (I have some 4500 references on calibre, and am not always sure which I have as an epub as well as on paper).

Standing (on metal steps) while I screened the top shelves, I was surprised that the aura went to sleep on its own every time I laid it on the metal shelves (in its cover, folded). I had to hold it to keep it awake.

How come?
I bet it is the Sleep Cover function which basically enables the device to sleep/wake up through detection of a magnet embedded in the cover. Your iron/steel shelves are affecting that detector. It's like using a compass inside an iron cage...

Just turn off that preference and it should be "fixed".
arspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 01:39 PM   #4
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
Happens to me when I place my Glo or Aura HD on the edge of bathtub that has metal under the enamel. It's a magnetic switch.
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote