Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

View Poll Results: Will you buy another PE or EE with no support from the company?
yes 3 14.29%
no 8 38.10%
depends on price (reply with your limits) 10 47.62%
I want it NOW and don't care about price! 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-05-2011, 10:03 PM   #16
geneven1
Enthusiast
geneven1 began at the beginning.

Device: P. Edge, Kindle, N800-810-900
Thanks emusan and Sarah for the eink writing feedback. I recalibrated again and there was some improvement.
geneven1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:19 PM   #17
mr_ed
Connoisseur
mr_ed began at the beginning.

Device: been e-reading since Handspring's first PDA
Quote:
Originally Posted by larka View Post
Everyone on the forums LOVE their devices.
Well, see, there's the rub. I'm a Gadget Addict, not an Edgeaholic. Under the strictest definition of "modern tablets and tablet-format e-readers," I have 8 other devices (all different). Throw in my old HP Compaq tc1100s (counting them as 1), the wacky dual-screen Sprint Kyocera Echo smartphone ... plus possibly others ... and it would be hard for me to say that I love my PE.

I'm afraid that when my heirs excavate my closets there will be quite a layer corresponding to The Tablet Era. But there won't be duplicates of most of the once-treasured items.

-- Ed
mr_ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2011, 01:00 PM   #18
Edward_R
Zealot
Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Pacific Northwest (about 35 miles northeast of Seattle)
Device: K3 / HP 10" Tablet (FBreader Installed)
I would pickup a backup PE as long as I could get it for under $100 since we have to pay for support.
Edward_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 01:44 PM   #19
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward_R View Post
I would pickup a backup PE as long as I could get it for under $100 since we have to pay for support.
I don't think that paying for support is really necessary, you will likely get more support from the forums here, as the people here will likely have more experience with the device than most third-party support companies.
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:11 PM   #20
Edward_R
Zealot
Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Pacific Northwest (about 35 miles northeast of Seattle)
Device: K3 / HP 10" Tablet (FBreader Installed)
Quote:
Originally Posted by emusan View Post
I don't think that paying for support is really necessary, you will likely get more support from the forums here, as the people here will likely have more experience with the device than most third-party support companies.
I was thinking along the lines of hardware support, since I had to send my Pocket Edge back after less than two weeks to be repaired. Lucky for me, I got my RMA from Entourage just before they closed shop.
Edward_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2011, 08:05 AM   #21
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast
sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura One (formerly: Asus Eee Note, enTourage eDGe EE, Nokia N810)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward_R View Post
I was thinking along the lines of hardware support
I think the need for hardware support tends to be luck of the draw, and tends to be known, as was your case, in the first couple of weeks. You probably either get a solid, problem-free hardware device or you don't.

So probably less of a need for ongoing hardware support as much as a need for being able to return the thing within a certain window (since no one's around to fix them anymore).
sarah11918 is offline   Reply With Quote