Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-21-2024, 01:12 PM   #1
Jon12345
Jon12345 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Best Reading/Highlighting & export to Obsidian workflow

I have a nice shiny new iPad and want to start reading my collection of DRM free ebooks, which are in all sorts of formats, including epub and pdf.

My goal is reading to learn, so I put tons of highlights in there. On my older iPad, I found that it is harder to extract the highlights from iBooks, even though it was a great reading experience. What I am looking for is to be able to highlight any of these formats and for it to auto-sync with Obsidian, without me having to do anything.

I am aware of Readwise, although I find that a bit pricey. I presume their solution will work if you use their new Reader app, although I don't know if they cover pdfs too. I'm currently trialing Bookwise, which does link with Obsidian although they appear to be a relatively new outfit and my worry is that I could have a lot of books highlighted and if they went under, I might lose everything. Aside from that, their offering looks good.

Are there any other options, given my clearly defined requirement? What solution do you use, if you are reading to learn and do a lot of highlighting?
Jon12345 is offline   Reply With Quote