Notices

Old 01-14-2024, 03:09 PM   #16
Grins
Connoisseur
Grins began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo(s), Pocketbook(s), MacBook Pro, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
I would so much appreciate it if someone could step me through how to add the series information!
OK, let's try:
1) Ensure that your EPUB ebooks in calibre have the series information within the metadata of each EPUB ebook. If necessary use "Polish books" within calibre. Save the EPUBs to disk.
2) Connect your iPhone to your MacBook or PC and transfer the EPUB ebooks to the iPhone using standard file transfer.
3) Import the EPUB ebook to MapleRead (an unnecessarily complicated step within MapleRead)
4) Within the main menu of MapleRead select the button at the bottom centre showing two arrows (one up arrow, one down arrow) and then select either "Author + Series" or "Series".
5) Select either a series or an author from the data shown in the main window.
6) Select the list view button at the bottom left corner (there are two buttons, cover view and list view)
7) Enjoy the list of books now shown with the series information.

Good luck!
Grins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 11:06 AM   #17
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Grins, thank you for the details, but I would like my books in date added order showing series without having to resort. I agree with you that the transfer is convoluted. I don't understand why they made those changes instead of useful ones in the book lists.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 11:30 AM   #18
Grins
Connoisseur
Grins began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo(s), Pocketbook(s), MacBook Pro, iPhone
As I said - the operating philosophy is somewhat uncomfortable (meaning: not easy).

I wonder whether any of the people having created MapleRead are reading this. If so, please feel free to respond .

Given that Marvin is a tool of time gone by a new forum designated to MapleRead would be helpful - I would rather appreciate it!

Last edited by Grins; 01-15-2024 at 11:50 AM.
Grins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 11:47 AM   #19
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grins View Post

Given that Marvin is a tool of time gone by a new forum designated to MapleRead would be helpful - I would rather appreciate it!
I agree!
Old 01-15-2024, 11:55 PM   #20
cedhax
Addict
cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
Grins, thank you for the details, but I would like my books in date added order showing series without having to resort. I agree with you that the transfer is convoluted. I don't understand why they made those changes instead of useful ones in the book lists.
Which version of MapleRead are you using? It works for me with the latest version of MapleRead. In the new Library list view, there are now 3 lines per row, and thus enough room to display series+volume if present, no matter how the list is sorted.
cedhax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 11:14 AM   #21
peaceridge
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedhax View Post
Which version of MapleRead are you using? It works for me with the latest version of MapleRead. In the new Library list view, there are now 3 lines per row, and thus enough room to display series+volume if present, no matter how the list is sorted.
I just downloaded SE 5.2.1 and you are correct. Thanks so much for pointing it out - will save me lots of time!

Tags
#calbire, #ereader, #iphone, #marvin