Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 05-17-2023, 02:29 AM   #1
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Unhappy Slightly OT for here...

I'm having a problem with my Kindle which is not being recognised by my MacOS which is Catalina.

Anyone got a clue about how to force it? And yes, I'll cast about in other forums for clues, too...
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 04:38 AM   #2
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
I've never had this problem with a Kindle, but I've always used Calibre to connect. I have had problems with Kindle Fire's and there was a setting in the fire I needed to turn on to get it to recognize. You might try this:

https://www.techiellama.com/kindle-n...ing-up-on-mac/
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 10:41 AM   #3
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Is it recognised by other computers using the same cable? And do you just mean Calibre isn't seeing it, or is it not mounting at all?

(This might attract more answers in the Kindle forum; I think this one's mostly for iOS devices, not Kindle-Mac connection issues.)
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 12:08 PM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
I'm having a problem with my Kindle which is not being recognised by my MacOS which is Catalina.

Anyone got a clue about how to force it? And yes, I'll cast about in other forums for clues, too...
Try a different USB port?

You might need to rest the port:

https://forums.tomsguide.com/faq/how...-ports.428332/
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 05:44 PM   #5
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Other devices are seen by the system. Kobo is not seen by Calibre, Kindle not at all. someone has suggested a reboot might do the job, so I’ll try that, along with Tom’s reset SMC suggestion (which will end with a reboot anyway).

Thanks, all
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 05:56 AM   #6
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
Other devices are seen by the system. Kobo is not seen by Calibre, Kindle not at all. someone has suggested a reboot might do the job, so I’ll try that, along with Tom’s reset SMC suggestion (which will end with a reboot anyway).

Thanks, all
Does the Kobo (Clara 2E) not being seen by calibre (but I assume by the OS), indicate that it is an old version of calibre?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote