Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 06-01-2009, 01:19 PM   #1
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
Orwell, George: Coming Up For Air. v1.1. 1 June 2009

Coming Up For Air tells the story of a lost world—rural England before the First World War—and one man’s attempt to recapture the past. I really enjoyed this novel, especially for its humour, and depiction of English suburbia on the eve of the Second World War.

There is a previously posted LRF version of Coming Up For Air on this forum, which closely follows the Gutenberg text.

This current version has been converted directly from the Project Gutenberg text, with the following enhancements:

Replaced "--" with em-dashes.
Proper use of opening and closing quotes, and apostrophes.
Correct use of italics for emphasised text, instead of CAPITALS.
"Smart" italics. Italics are rendered on the PRS with additional trailing white space, which can look a bit odd if italicised text is followed by punctuation, e.g., instead of "Is this italics ?", I have chosen to italicise the subsequent punctuation, e.g., "Is this italics?", which I think looks better.
Fixed a lot of typos, especially double-hyphens where a single hyphen was intended.

I hope you like this version, and please let me know of any corrections.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf Coming Up For Air - George Orwell.lrf (233.8 KB, 539 views)
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:50 PM   #2
forester
forester began at the beginning.

Device: bebook
Shame this is lrf sony format. Be nice to use rtf or pdf for everything. But your notes on the book are spot on. I read this 30 years ago. One of my best friends said it had the best descriptions of the joys of angling. Best wishes.
forester is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2010, 06:39 AM   #3
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Many thanks, ShellShock. Haven't read *Coming Up For Air* in years (and then on paper, of course). Will download it now with appreciation for your hard work. Cheers. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote