Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 03:57 PM   #31
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
It may be.

When I first purchased my Kobo, I specifically wanted to set it up as a UK account. That way I'm covered by Amazon (USA) and Kobo (non-USA).

Don
Do you have the URL to the UK book...i still can't find it
Old 10-10-2013, 05:06 PM   #32
Mort1997
Wizard
Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony various , Voyage, Oasis, K3, K4T,Nook Glow+Kobo Aura/H2O/One
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby98 View Post
Do you have the URL to the UK book...i still can't find it

http://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/ebo...killing-game-1

Hope that helps
Advert
Old 10-10-2013, 10:54 PM   #33
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks guys...i sure hope I don't mess up my account by traveling. I don't plan to do it often, but i think if I do it again, I may have to create a new account jic

I almost never start in the middle of a series, wish me luck

Last edited by gabby98; 10-10-2013 at 11:06 PM.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:43 AM   #34
Mort1997
Wizard
Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony various , Voyage, Oasis, K3, K4T,Nook Glow+Kobo Aura/H2O/One
Free on Amazon today No Help for the Dying by Adrian Magson

'Tough investigative reporter Riley Gavin has always been haunted by the baffling disappearance of young Katie Pyle. It was her first assignment – and her greatest failure. So when Katie turns up murdered a decade later, Riley knows she must find out what happened to her. What made this young girl disappear in the first place – and why has she now been killed?
But when her probing uncovers more dead runaways, Riley realises that there are all manner of dangers lurking in the dark city streets, quite apart from drugs and deprivation.
What, for example, is the Church of Flowing Light? And why does it employ sinister characters like Quine? When she suddenly attracts the attentions of two silent watchers, and former journalist colleague goes missing in bloody circumstances, she knows it is time to dig deeper.
With former military cop Frank Palmer, Riley follows the trail into the lethal subways of London’s street life, in an effort to find the truth.'

UK
http://www.amazon.co.uk/HELP-DYING-G...80716&sr=1-223

US
http://www.amazon.com/HELP-DYING-Gav...=adrian+magson
Old 10-11-2013, 02:08 PM   #35
scottken
Addict
scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook color
Free on Amazon today:

Sacrifices by Roger Smith Main Book not yet list at UK

Just another murder in a country where killing is a national pastime . . .
Wealth insulates Michael Lane and his family from South Africa's violent crime epidemic until trouble comes from within the high walls of their Cape Town mansion one night when his teenage son commits an act of unspeakable savagery. Lane, joining his wife in a desperate lie to protect their boy (a lie involving the sacrifice of an innocent) encounters no opposition from cops and courts burdened by chaos and corruption, but he sets in motion a bloody train of revenge and retribution that threatens to destroy him and everything he loves.

Praise for Sacrifices

"Roger Smith is the crime genre's greatest tragedian and Sacrifices might just be his masterpiece. The downfall of these characters is especially Shakespearean."
Peter Dragovich - Spinetingler Magazine

"Perceptive, bloody and gut-wrenching. Another brilliantly crafted piece of noir from Roger Smith." CrimeFictionLover.com

"Compulsive reading. Smith plots his tale with a master's hand, ensnaring the reader, drawing them in and enhancing his growing reputation as one of the best thriller writers around." Martin Stanley - The Gamblers Blog

"Through Smith's eyes, South Africa becomes a noir dystopia where life is cheap and tragedy spares no one. His bleakest, most twisted and very best novel yet." Benoit Lelievre - Dead End Follies

Praise for Roger Smith

"Smith writes with the brutal beauty of an Elmore Leonard in a very bad mood. " The Washington Post

"Smith has a unique ability to plunge readers into his nightmare visions." The Times

"If you are a fan of George Pelecanos or Dennis Lehane, give Roger Smith a close look." Bookpage

I bought and read this within a week of its coming out. If you're in the mood for a good, brutal noir thriller, I can't recommend it highly enough.

Last edited by scottken; 10-11-2013 at 02:12 PM.
Advert
Old 10-11-2013, 10:11 PM   #36
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottken View Post
Free on Amazon today:

Sacrifices by Roger Smith Main Book not yet list at UK

Just another murder in a country where killing is a national pastime . . .
Wealth insulates Michael Lane and his family from South Africa's violent crime epidemic until trouble comes from within the high walls of their Cape Town mansion one night when his teenage son commits an act of unspeakable savagery. Lane, joining his wife in a desperate lie to protect their boy (a lie involving the sacrifice of an innocent) encounters no opposition from cops and courts burdened by chaos and corruption, but he sets in motion a bloody train of revenge and retribution that threatens to destroy him and everything he loves.

Praise for Sacrifices

"Roger Smith is the crime genre's greatest tragedian and Sacrifices might just be his masterpiece. The downfall of these characters is especially Shakespearean."
Peter Dragovich - Spinetingler Magazine

"Perceptive, bloody and gut-wrenching. Another brilliantly crafted piece of noir from Roger Smith." CrimeFictionLover.com

"Compulsive reading. Smith plots his tale with a master's hand, ensnaring the reader, drawing them in and enhancing his growing reputation as one of the best thriller writers around." Martin Stanley - The Gamblers Blog

"Through Smith's eyes, South Africa becomes a noir dystopia where life is cheap and tragedy spares no one. His bleakest, most twisted and very best novel yet." Benoit Lelievre - Dead End Follies

Praise for Roger Smith

"Smith writes with the brutal beauty of an Elmore Leonard in a very bad mood. " The Washington Post

"Smith has a unique ability to plunge readers into his nightmare visions." The Times

"If you are a fan of George Pelecanos or Dennis Lehane, give Roger Smith a close look." Bookpage

I bought and read this within a week of its coming out. If you're in the mood for a good, brutal noir thriller, I can't recommend it highly enough.
$4.50 when I log in to the US site. Deal might already be over.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:26 AM   #37
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
UK Only: Today's Sainsbury ebooks deal is 10 novels by Patricia Cornwall for just £0.99 each.

Now, I've never read any of her books, but I've heard of her. It's tempting - I suspect I'd like them and £0.99 each is hard to resist. Comments?
Old 10-14-2013, 12:06 PM   #38
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Comments?
I liked the early books in her series, but didn't care for the more recent ones so much.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:07 PM   #39
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Free Dark City Blue by Luke Preston first in the Tom Bishop series described as hard boiled Aussie crime fiction
Itunes, Kobo, Amazon
Quote:
If there's one thing worse than a crooked cop on your heels then it's a whole unit of them.

A fistful of people are murdered, fifteen million dollars is stolen and detective Tom Bishop is stuck in the middle. When he hits the street, every clue points in the same direction – his colleagues in a police department demoralised by cutbacks and scandals. Hunted, alone and with no place left to turn, Bishop embarks on a hellish journey down into the gutters where right and wrong quickly become twisted and problems are solved with gunfire and bloodshed.

Over the next two days, Tom Bishop will be cornered. He will be beaten. He will bust into prison. He will shoot at police. He will team up with violent criminals. He will become one of them. He will break every rule in the book, chasing a lead nobody else will go near down a rabbit hole of corruption, murder and buried secrets.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:06 PM   #40
gabby98
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
UK Only: Today's Sainsbury ebooks deal is 10 novels by Patricia Cornwall for just £0.99 each.

Now, I've never read any of her books, but I've heard of her. It's tempting - I suspect I'd like them and £0.99 each is hard to resist. Comments?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I liked the early books in her series, but didn't care for the more recent ones so much.
I love her books...I am on Scarpetta Factor Now. I will admit she went through a rough patch around Point of Origin and Black Notice, but then she gets her mojo back IMO
Old 10-14-2013, 08:32 PM   #41
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
I love her books...I am on Scarpetta Factor Now. I will admit she went through a rough patch around Point of Origin and Black Notice, but then she gets her mojo back IMO
She was going through a lot of personal problems that have since cleared up. Perhaps this is one she has picked back up the "mojo".
Old 10-14-2013, 10:53 PM   #42
gabby98
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
She was going through a lot of personal problems that have since cleared up. Perhaps this is one she has picked back up the "mojo".
Yea I remember hearing about that...i read reviews where people were downing the books and giving up, but I think her 'rough patch" books helped here deal with some of the other stuff she was dealing with
Old 10-15-2013, 04:06 AM   #43
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
That's good to hear - I'll give some of the later ones a try. I had given up on her when the books became so awful.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:55 AM   #44
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
Free Dark City Blue by Luke Preston first in the Tom Bishop series described as hard boiled Aussie crime fiction
Itunes, Kobo, Amazon
Thanks for that one Melmac

I haven't heard of this author so I'll give him a try. Have you read him before?

Melmac have you found a way of finding Aus mystery/espionage etc authors on Amazon? I'm a total failure at it
Old 10-15-2013, 09:26 AM   #45
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Thanks for that one Melmac

I haven't heard of this author so I'll give him a try. Have you read him before?

Melmac have you found a way of finding Aus mystery/espionage etc authors on Amazon? I'm a total failure at it
No I have't read as yet my TBR list is so long I'll probably get to it some time around 2050

Not sure how to search for Aust. books in particular on Amazon but a couple of authors pop to mind straight off if you want to look them up Peter Temple, Peter Corris, Shane Maloney, Tara Moss, Robert G. Barrett, Michael Robotham(Australian born author but I believe most of his stories are UK set)
Closed Thread