Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 10:25 PM   #1
mmread
Enthusiast
mmread has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: none
Can't open my expired Library books in Libre SD

I think I followed the instructions of:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t=clock&page=2

I opened ADE on my laptop.

I hooked up my libre to the laptop and dragged and dropped the book to my Libre Internal Memory.

I closed my ADE on my laptop. I dragged and dropped my book from my Libre Internal Memory to my SD card connected to a card reader.

The library book has expired. I can't open the the expired book on the SD card.

I did delete the expired book on the ADE of my laptop. Should I have just left it there? I had downloaded 7 library books and had about 10 free download books in the ADE of my laptop. So I deleted the 4 expired because it did say expired.

Also, when I downloaded them from the public library, they came over as .ascm files and not EPUB or pdf.

Those expired books are also on a folder on my laptop. Is there anyway of recovering them? I am always careful not to expose my SD card to an open ADE on my laptop.

So is there a "clock" now on this Libre?
Old 01-19-2011, 11:46 PM   #2
luv2knit
luv2knit began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook Neo Jan 2011
Did you transfer them to the eReader BEFORE they expired or after? Your post leads me to believe AFTER, and it was my understanding that to get around expiration on the eReaders that allow it you have to still transfer them from ADE BEFORE they expire - so you can at least open them for the first time... then you are good to go.
Advert
Old 01-19-2011, 11:59 PM   #3
mmread
Enthusiast
mmread has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: none
I transfered them to the Libre BEFORE the expiration date. The 4 books that already expired was 2 on Monday & 2 yesterday. I transfered them over 2 weeks ago. They had a 14 day lending period. When they became available, I downloaded immediately. I finished only 1 of the 4. I started 2 of them. One I never opened.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:41 AM   #4
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I don't know about the rest of it, but the .acsm files aren't the book files. You have to drag the .acsm file into ADE, and ADE then downloads the file. Usually when I download library books, instead of "save" I select "open," and then ADE opens and downloads the epub or pdf file to the computer's "My Digital Editions" folder.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:42 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moderator Notice
I'm afraid that requesting detailed assistance with DRM circumvention (and reading library books beyond their loan period is DRM circumvention) is not something that we can permit at MobileRead. Accordingly, we are closing this thread.
Advert
Closed Thread