Old 08-26-2012, 07:38 AM   #1
juki
juki began at the beginning.

Device: M92
M92 - Read only filesystem

Here's my problem with my M92.

I installed the file manager from this link:
http://translate.google.de/translate...D22820&act=url

After that, every time I try to copy/delete files on the internal memory it gives me a "Read only filesystem" error.
The same thing happens if I use Calibre.

I don't know if it's because I installed the file manager, but that is the only "unusual" thing I did before the problem appeard.

Thanks for the interest!

Last edited by juki; 08-26-2012 at 01:03 PM.
juki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:06 PM   #2
janek
Groupie
janek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Boox m92
Quote:
Originally Posted by juki View Post
Here's my problem with my M92.

I installed the file manager from this link:
http://translate.google.de/translate...D22820&act=url

After that, every time I try to copy/delete files on the internal memory it gives me a "Read only filesystem" error.
The same thing happens if I use Calibre.

I don't know if it's because I installed the file manager, but that is the only "unusual" thing I did before the problem appeard.

Thanks for the interest!http://translate.google.de/translate...D22820&act=url
Does that also happen when you write to sd card?
janek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:03 PM   #3
juki

No, only with the internal memory.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:29 AM   #4
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Hard to say, what is the problem. I use that file manager for a long time (many different versions, as it was developed) and no problem.

So, I guess, it is not because of that program. But one never knows....
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:10 AM   #5
janek
Groupie
janek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Quote:
No, only with the internal memory.
Can you please 1. Reboot (just turn your device off completely and then turn it on) 2. post contents of /etc/fstab and /etc/mtab? These files have filesystem mounting information in Linux so they might throw some light on this. Filesystems are usually mounted in read-only mode during boot if there's an error, but I can't see how this could be caused by otfm installation (even if it went wrong).
Old 08-27-2012, 06:04 AM   #6
guidol
Enthusiast
guidol began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92 White
Question

Quote:
To which directory do you want to copy/delete files in the internal memory?
In the otfm I could only see the directorys:
flash, mtd6, private, sd and usb

Last edited by guidol; 08-27-2012 at 06:09 AM.
guidol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:00 AM   #7
juki

After rebooting the problem disappeard. Sorry for bothering you, that should have been the first thing to do.
I'm not an expert, so I don't have any explanation for what happened.
@janek: do you still want the files /etc/fstab and /etc/mtab?
Old 08-27-2012, 11:58 AM   #8
janek
Groupie

Quote:
After rebooting the problem disappeard. Sorry for bothering you, that should have been the first thing to do.
I'm not an expert, so I don't have any explanation for what happened.
@janek: do you still want the files /etc/fstab and /etc/mtab?
No, if it works, there'll be nothing unusual about them