Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 01-10-2009, 01:52 PM   #1
paulwoojr
paulwoojr began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
ePUB to calibre?

I'm new at this, with a Sony PRS-505 and a MacBook. How do I get a downloaded ebook from the Adobe Digital Editions library into calibre. Thanks, Paul
paulwoojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:57 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwoojr View Post
I'm new at this, with a Sony PRS-505 and a MacBook. How do I get a downloaded ebook from the Adobe Digital Editions library into calibre. Thanks, Paul
Um. The quick answer is, import the book into Calibre and sent to device.

The long answer is, before you do this you need to register the Sony to your Adobe ID. This can only be done on a Windows PC/OS currently. Also, DE on Mac will not recognize the Sony as a device.

So, you can buy/download Adobe DRM books with your Mac and download them with Mac DE after you've got your Sony registered.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2009, 03:24 PM   #3
paulwoojr
paulwoojr began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Thanks. Now that I have imported to calibre, it will not transfer to the PRS 505 or convert to LRF because of the DRM even though I paid for the ebook. Is this caused by the need to register the Sony device to my Adobe ID? Is there a simple way to remove the DRM since I paid for it? Also, what does DE stand for? Paul
paulwoojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:27 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Thanks. Now that I have imported to calibre, it will not transfer to the PRS 505 or convert to LRF because of the DRM even though I paid for the ebook.
You can't convert a DRMed book in calibre. But, it should move the file to your device.

Quote:
Is this caused by the need to register the Sony device to my Adobe ID? Is there a simple way to remove the DRM since I paid for it? Also, what does DE stand for? Paul
Yes, Sony won't read the book until it is registered to your device.

Right, hence the bad part of DRM, not allowing legit customers to easily use their purchase... please hate DRM with me.

No, there is no known way to remove the Adobe DRM afaik.

DE is Adobe Digital Editions.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote