Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-22-2012, 08:35 AM   #1
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Kindle indexing problem when using 'Send to Device' option

Anyone know of any issues with books failing to index on the Kindle when using the "Send to device" option in Calibre?

I'm using a Kindle Keyboard and Calibre 0.9.10, and I usually only transfer a fairly small amount of books at a time, maybe 10-15. When I do it using the "Send to device" button, none of the books index and I have to reboot my Kindle before they will do so.

When I do it manually using the "Save to disc" option and then drag & drop, there is no problem, they index correctly.

It's not a major hassle but it's bugging me!
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:43 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I no longer have a kindle keyboard, but send to device is working on my Touch. Note that you can save to disk directly onto your Kindle, there is no need for the extra drag and drop step.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2012, 10:49 AM   #3
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Ah cheers, never thought of using the "save to disc" option directly onto the Kindle. Many thanks, I'll give that a try next time. Although isn't the "send to device" option just a short-cut of doing that though?

Just can't understand why the books don't index, they are there and I can read them, I only noticed something was amiss when the battery drained quickly one time, and I've since discovered this is what is happening and only when using the "send to device" option.

Last edited by soulfuldog; 12-22-2012 at 10:52 AM.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 01:41 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yes, send to device basically copies the file, exactly in the same way that save to disc does.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote