Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-02-2011, 05:37 AM   #1
rp272
rp272 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Metadata source?

I am a new convert to eBooks as I have been given a Kindle for my birthday. I was recommended to install Calibre which is a fantastic programme. I particularly like the ability to download metadata and covers.

The main source appears to be Amazon.com and although I have set the drop-down option to UK most of the covers still seem to be the American editions.

Is there any way around this?
rp272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:33 AM   #2
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
Regarding cover availability and selection. I've noticed that downloading by selecting books in the GUI Library list then downloading covers, the grab seems to be of the first cover it finds. Selecting just one book in the list then going to the Edit Metadata window and clicking the Download Metadata button, sometimes that shows a list of the same title by different publishers or different editions. Selecting one of those and clicking Next button, you'll see covers that are available from whatever metadata sources you've selected in Preferences/Metadata Download. There are also some plugins for grabbing metadata from various other sources.
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon.co.uk, amazon.com, calibre, metadata