Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-05-2014, 04:02 AM   #8731
Lusitanic
Leader
Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura, One Plus 5
https://soundcloud.com/autografmusic/dog
Lusitanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 11:49 PM   #8732
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I'm usually too much of a curmudgeon for holiday spirit, but this is pretty good for a modern take on Christmas music.

cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2014, 05:28 AM   #8733
Lin2412
Grand Sorceress
Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I'm not really into Korean Songs because I don't understand the language, but I heard an english song by Korean girl band or group called TTS and the title is "Cater 2 u". It's more like a cover of Destiny Child's song, but their version is much better because of their fascinating harmony.
Lin2412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 04:26 PM   #8734
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

I always really liked this band. Well known back in their time and place, but now largely forgotten. I still like their studio recordings, but they were much better live.

Who am I studio

Death Sound Blues live:

Old 12-08-2014, 04:43 PM   #8735
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
I always really liked this band. Well known back in their time and place, but now largely forgotten. I still like their studio recordings, but they were much better live....
I remember they used to hawk some kind of health tonic or something for folks who were "feeling tired or a bit run down."
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2014, 12:53 AM   #8736
cromag
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
I always really liked this band. Well known back in their time and place, but now largely forgotten. I still like their studio recordings, but they were much better live.

Who am I studio
Big fan! In fact, I'd "cheer" for them if it didn't violate forum rules!
Old 12-11-2014, 02:50 AM   #8737
cromag

I burn a bunch of CDs for my long distance drives. And while my tastes usually run to Electronic/Space/Ambient music (a taste my son shares!) today I also had some pop, rock and folk. Including this one (folk) -- The Nazarene, by Joe Crookston.

Old 12-11-2014, 03:00 AM   #8738
cromag

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I remember they used to hawk some kind of health tonic or something for folks who were "feeling tired or a bit run down."
Are you sure you're not thinking of Spanky and Our Gang?

(Note: due to the potential for offense -- a humorous portrayal of marijuana from the 60s -- I'll post the link, but not embed the video. If that's still too much, it can, of course be deleted by a mod.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAp8VgMrpRA
Old 12-11-2014, 11:38 AM   #8739
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
I watch The Lemon Drop Kid every Christmas.

The original Silver Bells.

BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 11:44 AM   #8740
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Are you sure you're not thinking of Spanky and Our Gang?

(Note: due to the potential for offense -- a humorous portrayal of marijuana from the 60s -- I'll post the link, but not embed the video. If that's still too much, it can, of course be deleted by a mod.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAp8VgMrpRA
No, it was C.J. & the Fish.

Found it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tGfzRbTMcw

Note: Don't try this at home!

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 12-11-2014 at 11:51 AM.
Old 12-11-2014, 11:54 AM   #8741
obs20
Wizard
obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 600, Nook ST, Toshiba Excite 10.1 AT 300

Last edited by obs20; 12-11-2014 at 11:59 AM. Reason: add video
obs20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 12:03 PM   #8742
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
A perfect song for this time of year...when it's cold!

Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 12:15 PM   #8743
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
"Da Yoopers".

As in Upper Peninsula (U.P.)?
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 12:19 PM   #8744
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG View Post
"Da Yoopers".

As in Upper Peninsula (U.P.)?
Yep, the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. I'm a fan of their music and comedy...and also of Bananas At Large (The Turdy Point Buck).
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 10:37 AM   #8745
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

It's not my favorite Tomita cover, but it's what I'm listening to right now.

Tags
birth of the shums, blues, listening, shumswrisomkw, unutterable silliness, youtubed! :)