Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-30-2013, 02:30 AM   #1
LarsEighner
LarsEighner began at the beginning.

Device: none
How to turn off languages and use iso-8859-1?

I want Sigil to leave character entities alone (such as AMPldsquo and to use the iso-8859-1 character set, but it keeps coming up with utf-8 and keeps changing my character entities to utf-8 characters. I have looked for a knob in Preferences, but if it is there, I don't know what it is called.
LarsEighner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 03:29 AM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
An ePUB must be in UTF-8 and cannot be in another codepage. The named entities is a different subject though.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2013, 06:21 AM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
utf8 or utf16 are the only valid encodings for an epub.

Other than a few "problem" entities, Sigil should leave them alone (it does in my experience). What version are you using?

Last edited by DiapDealer; 08-30-2013 at 06:25 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
characters, charset