Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-18-2014, 10:43 AM   #29176
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Working some Pu Erh Toucha from Gong Fu. Yummy
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 11:52 AM   #29177
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
After a hot, humid day ... putting together an Ardbeg slushie ....

[Your Music Festival sounds grand! I am envious!]
It was very grand indeed. Astonishing the level of music we are able to attract and the quality of the program that our Artistic Director, Alexander Tselyakov, designed. He has consistently created a diverse and challenging program that, in 10 years and 212 works, has had only a single piece repeated. This year was highlighted by Eugenia Zukerman and the Lafayette String Quartet, but also included outstanding performances by Gary Levinson, Suren Bagratuni, Baya Kakouberi, and Julia Nolan. And the world premier of a commissioned work by Kelly-Marie Murphy.

Relaxing a bit today, getting caught up with work, and drinking the very last of my Anniversary Breakfast Blend, at least until I can get down to the States to pick up my tea order.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2014, 02:07 PM   #29178
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
First mug of tea for the day.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 03:25 PM   #29179
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Lion Mountain Keemun
Old 08-18-2014, 11:10 PM   #29180
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Strawberries, cherries and an angel's kiss in spring
My summer wine is really made from all these things

I walked in town on silver spurs that jingled to
A song that I had only sang to just a few
She saw my silver spurs and said let's pass some time
And I will give to you summer wine
Ohh, summer wine

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=325jxJIJkJM )

Good morning, everyone. Happy Tuesday! Gonna be a beautiful day in The Rose of the North. Yesterday's torrential rains gave way to bright blue skys and cooler temps. Good day for a long walk! I've got unbranded Keemun tea in my cup this morning, eating a 'Super-duper Engergy Bar' for breakie, and ready to face the day!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2014, 07:51 AM   #29181
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
A nice thermos full of Sencha. Trying to decide what to drink the rest of the day
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 11:16 AM   #29182
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Bombay Sapphire on the rocks

Stitchawl
Old 08-19-2014, 03:14 PM   #29183
cromag
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

First mug of tea.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:26 PM   #29184
cromag

An unusual fifth mug of tea after dinner.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:56 PM   #29185
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Fight ‘til the end
Cause your life will depend
On the strength that you have inside you
Ah you gotta be proud
starin’ out in the cloud
When the odds in the game defy you
Try your best to win them all
and one day time will tell
when you’re the one that’s standing there
you’ll reach the final bell!

You’re the best!
Around!
Nothing’s gonna ever keep you down
You’re the Best!
Around!

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkH3MTG2aAE )

Good morning, everyone. A great day for things to come and for things past. One mug of East India Company's "Royal Breakfast" tea has already past my lips, and another is brewing. A great beginning and great future! More rain predicted, with the usual flooding about the begin. Every year Chiang Mai floods in the same area. You'd think people would be wise enough to move out of that area... Instead, they just buy new fishing nets... When life hands you lemons, make lemonade.

Stitchawl
Old 08-20-2014, 06:03 PM   #29186
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Ah, back home with my Peet's order. Another 1/4 Lb. of Anniversary Breakfast Blend, a China Green I want to try, and a new First Flush Darjeeling from Margaret's Hope Estate. Just finishing a mug of the Darjeeling, and it is very good. Brewed for 3 minutes, at approximately 190F, it has a delightfully complex nose, a fresh, slightly greenish taste, and a pale golden liquor.
Old 08-20-2014, 06:23 PM   #29187
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
What was unusual about it?

A glass of Armagnac.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 08:12 PM   #29188
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Trying hard now
It's so hard now
Trying hard now

Getting strong now
Won't be long now
Getting strong now

Gonna fly now
Flying high now
Gonna fly, fly, fly

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW9NiDKK-9o )

Good morning, everyone! It's another milestone! 16 years today without a cigarette. If you had asked me if I could have done this 30 years ago, I would have laughed at you. No way... But.... WAAAAY!!!! So I'll celebrate today, starting with a mug of unbranded Keemun tea, and then off to see the Food Lady for some extra special treats. Not gonna worry about diets today. Maybe some pizza for lunch followed by an ice cream sundae!

Stitchawl
Old 08-20-2014, 09:25 PM   #29189
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Congrats Stitchy! I too remain smokeless after 7 years (mostly). I have a friend that I'm spending probably too much time with that is going through a nasty divorce. We spend a lot of time hanging out at my pond with her drinking beer and smoking. Out of sheer boredom I've snagged 3 smokes in about 6 weeks. Fortunately i don't like them or crave them afterwards.
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:55 PM   #29190
cromag

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
What was unusual about it?
Well, it was unusual that I was having a fifth mug of tea, and unusual in having a tea after dinner.

But, since I seem to be doing it again tonight, perhaps this is the new normal.

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?