Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-14-2008, 01:15 AM   #1
JGB
Groupie
JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505
Thumbs up Holy crap it rocks

I've been poking at caliber not realizing how fantastic it is for editing books info.
I was doing it all by hand when I could just click twice, copy and paste once, click again and I've got everything including the summary on the back, cover, publisher and everything.

This is incredible software
JGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 12:07 AM   #2
cybear
cybear began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
haha i had a similar experience. it's pretty neat.
cybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2008, 12:08 PM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGB View Post
I was doing it all by hand when I could just click twice, copy and paste once, click again and I've got everything including the summary on the back, cover, publisher and everything.
What cut and paste? Just click on the Fetch Metadata from Server and it gets all that info for you. I do agree calibre is great and worth every penny!

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:55 PM   #4
JGB
Groupie
JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Not quite all, I like to copy and paste what you'd normally find on the back of the book into the Notes section.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:25 PM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGB View Post
Not quite all, I like to copy and paste what you'd normally find on the back of the book into the Notes section.
Do you mean the comments section? Isn't that what you get when you do "Fetch Metadata From Server". What is different from that? What are you getting these "notes" that you are pasting from?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2008, 11:00 AM   #6
JGB
Groupie

The server doesn't always have it. And sometimes I like a particular year for the cover(earliest available for my current series, but only a later one has a summary in the meta data, so I copy and paste or go to amazon if none of the options do.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:59 PM   #7
mdibella
Groupie
mdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheese

Device: Infinite Kindles, Occasional Sony's
I agree. I have spent the last few days puttering around with this tool, organizing my EBook collection.

I think I am in love...

Seriously, just the idea of being able to mark a series and put in the book numbers is so wonderful...I've already sent Kovid some money once, but I am thinking of sending more. This is truly a magnificent tool.
mdibella is offline   Reply With Quote