Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-06-2008, 11:14 AM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
New Kindle Skins

From a thread on the Amazon forums.

iStyles Kindle Skins
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:24 AM   #2
DickyCheung22
Enthusiast
DickyCheung22 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Look great... anyone tried it? Is it easy to stick?

I bought a NDS skin before but it is hard to stick...
DickyCheung22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2008, 02:08 PM   #3
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I'd still want my MEdge cover, cause this doesn't actually protect the screen at all, or the back very much. Still, cool for those who like to change colors!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 04:55 PM   #4
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Since I've had a strong feeling that the reader would be more pleasant if it were dark instead of creamy white, I'm strongly tempted to buy one of the dark ones to see if I'm right.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 07:41 PM   #5
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Those look really interesting. I've always wanted a darker color for the Kindle, too. I also like how they come with a custom wallpaper that ties into the image on the skin. I just ordered one so I'll see if I like it. I was tempted to get B&W Fleur since I have that on my laptop but I was worried it would be a bit shiny. I wouldn't mind some nice solid color matte options, actually. I went with Rockstar Pinky. It has flames! Maybe it will make me read faster!
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2008, 12:58 AM   #6
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
great variety of colors
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 03:36 AM   #7
GatorDeb
Evangelist
GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PW2 + HDX 8.9
I got the blue cube one (the big cubes, not the bunch of little ones). I love the ones that have patterns across the screen (i.e. they start outside the screen and continue inside). That was just a stroke of genius, the wallpapers. I'll post a picture of how it looks with the scrensaver and with text.
GatorDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 03:40 PM   #8
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Pimp My Kindle

Here's my Kindle in the Rockstar Pinky skin. The cover is the brown one from M-Edge. It looks like they gave me the wallpaper for the blue version of the theme, though. I emailed them to get the right one. We'll see how that goes.

Putting the skin on was really easy, by the way.

Edit:

They promptly sent me the right wallpaper. It's in my profile pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0473.JPG
Views:	621
Size:	799.5 KB
ID:	16971   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0474.JPG
Views:	577
Size:	706.6 KB
ID:	16972  

Last edited by Alisa; 10-30-2008 at 01:02 PM.
Old 10-11-2008, 03:47 PM   #9
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Here's my Kindle in the Rockstar Pinky skin. The cover is the brown one from M-Edge.

Putting the skin on was really easy, by the way.
Wow, that was fast. Your Kindle looks great! If they get to the point where they can make custom skins (like most skin sites), I would give it a try.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 03:50 PM   #10
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Looks good. I think I'm going to investigate these since we're going to have 3 Kindles floating around the house at Thanksgiving. Other than looking at the book list, it might be difficult to keep track of which Kindle is whose.

Speaking of Thanksgiving -- Happy Thanksgiving weekend to our Canadian friends.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 08:04 PM   #11
Alisa
Gadget Geek

Oh and I forgot to post the little bonus charger skin they sent.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0468.JPG
Views:	429
Size:	646.8 KB
ID:	16975  
Old 10-13-2008, 01:25 PM   #12
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Oops didn't see this thread! I ordered Humidor and Gypsy and they are really nice.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:29 PM   #13
Alisa
Gadget Geek

I had been considering the Humidor one but I was concerned about getting the geometric pattern lined up just right. Do you have pics?
Old 10-16-2008, 12:06 AM   #14
MonaLS
Groupie
MonaLS began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (Gen 1), Kindle DX, Kindle Fire, LG Enact
Sorry, no pictures (forgot to charge the camera batteries). But the geometric pattern was easy to line up - and didn't really need much lining up. The only caveat is on the long slender pieces - don't stretch them! If you do they will be too long and the pattern will not match. However leave the piece sitting undisturbed for an hour or so and it will shrink back to size.
MonaLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:36 AM   #15
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I'll try and take a picture later of my Humidor Kindle.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote