Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 05-08-2012, 11:19 PM   #1
networm
networm began at the beginning.

Device: none
Help!T1 can't boot.Stop in"opening book"screen.

Need help!My T1 is rooted.One day I reboot T1,then it stop in "opening book"screen forever.I use sd-rescue but don't recovery.And,I use putty to log in it but there is no login screen.Anybody can help me!!!
networm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:32 AM   #2
pietro
Enthusiast
pietro began at the beginning.

Device: prs-t1, kobo auraHD
this happened to me when I connected mine to an apple-compatible charger Sonys are not happy about. I fixed it just connecting to my computer's usb. Any other way failed (rest, right charger, sd card ertc.). Try connecting to a computer.
pietro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2012, 03:55 PM   #3
miketrevis
miketrevis began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-t1
i solved with sd-rescue:
- device charged
- possibly format sd card
- extract sd-rescue pack in the sd-card: the results is you have "firmware OS" folder only in your sdcard
- put the sd card in your device
- wait the next reboot
- when screen become white, before the opening book loading, hold and keep hold HOME and MENU. Keep old unless the loading bar is full (total black from left to right)
- than wait 20 -30 minuts (or 1h if you think is more secure) when the loading bar is white and dont reboot, hold reset and then home to reboot.

i solved in this way, hope works also for you. (sorry for the english)
miketrevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 03:58 PM   #4
miketrevis
miketrevis began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-t1
i suggest, to prevent this: before the installation of a package format internal memory (i format also the sd card) going in sistem settings. In this way i install correctly all packages.
miketrevis is offline   Reply With Quote