Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 10-17-2011, 11:27 AM   #1
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook, LG4
Dralin, a fantasy novel by John H. Carroll

I've published the first book of my new trilogy. The title is "Dralin" and the trilogy is called "The Dralin Trilogy". It is swords and sorcery style fantasy. Dralin is a sinister city where everything takes place. The next two books in the series, "Ebudae" and "Pelya", are now available. It takes place in the world of Ryallon, the same setting for my Willden Trilogy. The timeline begins approximately 20 years earlier.

Smashwords
Amazon
Amazon UK
B&N
Kobo
Apple

Description:
There are many cities in the world of Ryallon that know the touch of despair and evil, but none like Dralin. Towers of wizards rise high into the air, shrouded in the mists of magical smog. Poor sleep in the alleyways, becoming deformed by pollution. Life is short for many.

Throughout all of it, the cunning and dangerous members of the City Guard do their best to keep evil and crime from destroying the citizens of Dralin. Trained to fight in streets that make no sense, they keep wickedness from taking over completely.

A young woman fleeing her past makes Dralin her destination. A young Guardsman with his own dark history hopes to make a difference in a city that is without hope. Are sorrow and despair their only destiny, or can love redeem them? Two young girls raised in this city learn life's hard lessons early. Will they be defeated by its evil?

Underneath the city lie hidden dangers even more terrible than those that lurk in its dark streets. Ancient ruins of civilizations past still hold onto the memories of how grand they once were, while menacing creatures hope for a tasty meal to venture into their domain.

The Dralin Trilogy is a dark, swords-and-sorcery fantasy series following the lives of a few unusual individuals as they desperately try to survive in the sinister city of Dralin.

Last edited by John Carroll; 02-16-2022 at 08:52 PM. Reason: removed broken link
John Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:28 PM   #2
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It is also available on B&N. I'll post when it's available on Kobo, Diesel and Sony too.

B&N
Old 01-05-2012, 03:45 PM   #3
John Carroll
kookoo

The cover for Dralin was critiqued by Wendi and Deborah at Blue Sun Studios, Inc. They gave me wonderful advice that I'll be using as I go forward. The first time I made a cover, I had no idea what I was doing and learned most of what I know by watching youtube tutorials and then applying the knowledge using GIMP

http://bluesunstudio-inc.com/2012/01...ign-critiques/

Note: I've also added the links to other stores

Last edited by John Carroll; 01-06-2012 at 01:26 PM. Reason: note about adding stores
Old 03-05-2012, 10:32 AM   #4
John Carroll
kookoo

Dralin is 75% off at Smashwords this week. https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/96981
Old 03-23-2012, 05:07 PM   #5
russianfiction
Expert
russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Ahhh I missed the 75% off discount!
russianfiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:24 PM   #6
John Carroll
kookoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by russianfiction View Post
Ahhh I missed the 75% off discount!
I'll give you and everyone else a 50% off coupon for this weekend.

Get the book here: Smashwords, and type in coupon code: FJ82V

It expires March 26, 2012

Enjoy.
Old 04-06-2012, 03:30 PM   #7
russianfiction
Expert
russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Looks amusing. Might give it a try if I find it on Amazon
russianfiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:10 AM   #8
John Carroll
kookoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by russianfiction View Post
Looks amusing. Might give it a try if I find it on Amazon
It is on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005WFA4M2

Regrettably, I am not able to do discounts there. If you get it, I hope you enjoy.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:33 AM   #9
John Carroll
kookoo

Dralin is now available in paperback.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1479286982
Old 12-18-2012, 10:02 AM   #10
John Carroll
kookoo

Now that the trilogy is complete, I've made Dralin free on Smashwords and Kobo. The links are in the first post. And it's free on Apple already too!!!

Other stores will become free soon. Amazon is the trickiest. I'll let you know if I'm able to make that happen.

Last edited by John Carroll; 12-19-2012 at 12:24 AM. Reason: added that it was free on Apple too.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:57 PM   #11
John Carroll
kookoo

Dralin is now free on Amazon US for you Kindle users. Link is in the first post.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:24 PM   #12
nookkatz
Tuxedo Cats!
nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks and iThings
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Carroll View Post
Dralin is now free on Amazon US for you Kindle users. Link is in the first post.
Cool! I sent the link to a friend who has a new Kindle!

nookkatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:59 PM   #13
John Carroll
kookoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nookkatz View Post
Cool! I sent the link to a friend who has a new Kindle!

Thank you, nookkatz! I hope they like it.

I love that picture of the cats, btw. They're beautiful.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:21 PM   #14
John Carroll
kookoo

Dralin was featured as the book of the day on Trindiebooks.com

This is a new site to find deals for Kobo books. Kobo is quickly becoming one of my favorite bookstores, honestly.

http://trindiebooks.com/dralin/
Old 02-22-2013, 09:26 AM   #15
John Carroll
kookoo

Hey, all you UK fans! Dralin just went free on Amazon UK! https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005WFA4M2

Tags
dralin, fantasy, indie author, trilogy