Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 07-18-2012, 12:28 AM   #1
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
e-books reverting back to "preview"?

My girlfriend and I both have Kobo Voxs, and mine operates fine. Her's, though, exhibits the strange behaviour of periodically convincing itself that purchased books are, in fact, unpurchased previews. She's often partway through a book when this happens. She's forced to delete the book and redownload it, or other tricks she's learned to get the Vox to recognise it as a purchased book.

Any ideas on what's causing the problem?
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:34 PM   #2
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I take it from the crickets chirping, that this isn't an issue that's affecting many others?
Old 07-19-2012, 10:15 AM   #3
peterhondak
Zealot
peterhondak is on a distinguished road

Device: KoboMini (mine and MIL) KoboVox(returned), sonytouch(mom's),samsung7"
There was another thread about it a little while ago? But I don't buy books so I didn't read it in a way to remember the answer. The title was the same as yours.
so if you look back in the posts you might find your answer.
peterhondak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:46 AM   #4
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
Yeah, you need to search the forum...this has been discussed quite a bit. I don't think there was any agreed on permanent solution until kobo fixes it on their end.
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:38 AM   #5
scrapking
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterhondak View Post
There was another thread about it a little while ago? But I don't buy books so I didn't read it in a way to remember the answer. The title was the same as yours.
so if you look back in the posts you might find your answer.
I didn't see such a thread, so I must have missed it. I'll check for it more thoroughly. Thanks!

And you don't buy books? Crazy. Almost all of mine were purchased, very few were freebies (and none pirated). I must have bought 200 books since getting my Kobo at Christmas.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:01 AM   #6
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
Here's a recent (ish) thread I created on it, seems to have been an ongoing issue

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=183091
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:22 AM   #7
peterhondak
Zealot
peterhondak is on a distinguished road

Device: KoboMini (mine and MIL) KoboVox(returned), sonytouch(mom's),samsung7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapking View Post
I didn't see such a thread, so I must have missed it. I'll check for it more thoroughly. Thanks!

And you don't buy books? Crazy. Almost all of mine were purchased, very few were freebies (and none pirated). I must have bought 200 books since getting my Kobo at Christmas.

I have the overdrive app, and I have library cards for whitby, oshawa, and clarington (clarington links to the Ontario Library), and my cousin lets me use her TO library card for ebooks. Anyone in Durham Region can go to Ajax, Whitby, Oshawa, and Clarington for library cards for ebooks. (the Pickering library card for outsiders doesn't allow ebooks????)
So I usually have about 10 library books at one time and on waitlist for many others.
I also have the Kindle app and Sony app both of which have free books as well.
peterhondak is offline   Reply With Quote