Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-07-2011, 04:52 AM   #31
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
Last_of_the_PEs> I came to the conclusion that borked PE was from using Android Commander which messed my fs and permissions not due to other rom experimenting.
This Rom still enable you to do the dingo update and does not break the Edge eink, so safe to use. Regarding the market, I think you have to have the google mail setup, and from settings Background data and Autosync enable, have you tried this?
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:57 AM   #32
kronarq
kronarq began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
Never mind I was able to flash an update I made. Not sure what went wrong the first time, probably just user error.

You can wipe the dalvik cache manually by doing
Code:
rm /data/dalvik-cache/*
Everything will be reodexed next boot. This didn't fix the market issues however.
kronarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:57 AM   #33
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Guys, I think this is the most positive outcome so far. First Rom outside Entourage that:
1. updates without problem
2. eink apps are still working
3. can revert to safe
This is the holly grail for all experimenting to start. Well done ptsenter.
On another note ptsenter
Have you manage to identify the Edge specifics files and libraries that makes this device non standard android?
Old 07-07-2011, 11:50 AM   #34
vicinc
Guru

An idea, can we make this thread sticky?
Old 07-07-2011, 11:57 AM   #35
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicinc View Post
An idea, can we make this thread sticky?
I think we should add it as a link to the tweaks thread... A sticky I don't know about though... It hasn't really fully worked for anyone yet.
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:09 PM   #36
ptsenter
Addict
ptsenter has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo eReader Wireless
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronarq View Post
You can wipe the dalvik cache manually by doing
Code:
rm /data/dalvik-cache/*
Everything will be reodexed next boot. This didn't fix the market issues however.
Thanks. I suspected that much.
Can you post logcat?
ptsenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:13 PM   #37
ptsenter
Addict

Quote:
Have you manage to identify the Edge specifics files and libraries that makes this device non standard android?
I believe I have, at least some of them, mentioned somewhere else in this forum. But Titanium refuses to make backup of them.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:23 PM   #38
ptsenter
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triskalleon View Post
OK - made it this far: After deleting two linux "gadgets" and selecting Scan, it appeared to put the same two back in.
Yeah, this can be tricky, better do it the very first time you connect PE to Windows.
Try this: after you deleted gadgets, disconnect PE, delete infcache under Windows\inf, reboot and then reconnect.
If you use Win XP you'll have to manually install USB driver from SDK. Win 7 found the second time around.
And don't forget to enable USB debugging prior to connection to Win computer.
Quote:
The path Android -> android-sdk leads to separate directories named "tools" and "platforms."

"adb" is not recognized as a command
adb is under platform-tools.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:13 PM   #39
vicinc
Guru

Are they not in the ermine update.zip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsenter View Post
I believe I have, at least some of them, mentioned somewhere else in this forum. But Titanium refuses to make backup of them.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:35 PM   #40
ptsenter
Addict

Quote:
Are they not in the ermine update.zip?
You right, they are there: esireader, esijournal, esicalendar.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:39 PM   #41
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
You right, they are there: esireader, esijournal, esicalendar.
lol now you're one step closer to where I am(well maybe not a whole step), now just get them to do stuff...
Old 07-07-2011, 02:51 PM   #42
LiKuiD
LiKuiD began at the beginning.

Device: PE
Just saying hello...my new PE is waiting to be picked up tonight from Mr. FEDEX.

I will report back after flashing this new 2.2 Firmware tonight with some info.
LiKuiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 03:27 PM   #43
ptsenter
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by emusan View Post
lol now you're one step closer to where I am(well maybe not a whole step), now just get them to do stuff...
If you so "advanced", why didn't you do it?
Why didn't you answer vicinc's question?
How is this statement advances development?
If you so "advanced" why didn't you post logcat I've asked a few times?
Old 07-07-2011, 03:59 PM   #44
emusan
lol

Quote:
If you so "advanced", why didn't you do it?
Why didn't you answer vicinc's question?
How is this statement advances development?
If you so "advanced" why didn't you post logcat I've asked a few times?
why didn't I do what? I still haven't gotten to getting it to do much of anything yet, and I don't like to release anything without testing and/or knowing it works.

As for why I haven't posted the logcat, I haven't installed your rom yet, from what people are saying it doesn't add anything to /my/ PE(I did my own method of getting market, etc. installed), and I tend to not install things that the developer of them is too afraid to test lol.

As for advancing development, if you want me to work with you, as I've said, you'll need a bit of an attitude adjustment.

Oh, and as for not answering the question, you simply got to it first! I'm not on here /all/ the time, just most of it lol(probably too much actually).

Last edited by emusan; 07-07-2011 at 04:18 PM.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:35 PM   #45
vicinc
Guru

you know guys I know a joke about a donkey and a wolf but is too licentious to publish here.
However the conclusion is facts not words. Or how we English are saying proof is in the pudding. I am so happy people are researching and trying to get the best of the Edges.
I can not help more than with testing (when I get a working device).
I would like to see all the guys there are knowledgeable working together. I think everybody in the community will love this.