Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-25-2010, 05:06 AM   #1
Hapis
Hapis began at the beginning.

Device: PB 902 Pro
[SOLVED] Saving Font/Zoom Settings for PDF on 602

Hi,

just got my new PB 602 Pro. While reading my first PDF with it, I realized that the Font/Zoom Settings (Reflow 200%) get reset _every time_ I (re-)open a PDF File. This is extremely annoying, because I like to go to the home screen, use the MP3 Player, look sth. up in another book etc. and have to set it again every time.

Is there a way to save those settings or define a "standard zoom"? Can also be via config files, no problem. If there isn't a solution, I will probably send it back

Thanks,
Günter

EDIT: This seems to be fixed in the latest firmware (2.0.4+). Thank you :-)

Last edited by Hapis; 03-30-2011 at 12:20 PM.
Hapis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 08:06 AM   #2
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapis View Post
Hi,

just got my new PB 602 Pro. While reading my first PDF with it, I realized that the Font/Zoom Settings (Reflow 200%) get reset _every time_ I (re-)open a PDF File. This is extremely annoying, because I like to go to the home screen, use the MP3 Player, look sth. up in another book etc. and have to set it again every time.

Is there a way to save those settings or define a "standard zoom"? Can also be via config files, no problem. If there isn't a solution, I will probably send it back

Thanks,
Günter
Hmm, that should happen automatically. Of course, this is only true for one specific file, not over all PDFs, so you have to customize your view options for every newly opened file.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 01:41 PM   #3
Hapis

Hi mtravellerh,

thanks for your reply. I have to adjust the font zoom every time, even in PDF Files I had already opened and set to Reflow 200%. Doesn't matter which Settings I choose, they are reset every time. All Files are on a microSD Card, sorted in folders. Pretty simple PDFs, nothing fancy.

Regards,
Günter

Last edited by Hapis; 03-30-2011 at 12:19 PM.
Old 11-26-2010, 04:10 AM   #4
Hapis

Ok, I have tried to copy one PDF to the device, Zoom settings aren't saved either... Firmware Version is latest (2.0.2). Can sb who also owns the 602 confirm this?
Old 11-26-2010, 04:12 AM   #5
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Ok, I have tried to copy one PDF to the device, Zoom settings aren't saved either... Firmware Version is latest (2.0.2). Can sb who also owns the 602 confirm this?
Hmm I have checked this. Worked fine for me. Does somebody else have problems with this?
Old 11-26-2010, 08:45 AM   #6
Hapis

I just wanted to flash the firmware again, but the link is gone:

http://pocketbook-int.com/download/f...RO_user.tar.gz

Looks like the english fw is also gone, maybe this error only happens in the EURO Version. When they are up again I will try. Thanks for your effort.

Regards,
Günter
Old 11-26-2010, 09:04 AM   #7
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
I just wanted to flash the firmware again, but the link is gone:

http://pocketbook-int.com/download/f...RO_user.tar.gz

Looks like the english fw is also gone, maybe this error only happens in the EURO Version. When they are up again I will try. Thanks for your effort.

Regards,
Günter
Hapis, do you mind if I report his to Kiev? It seems to be a rare bug, but a bug nevertheless.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:17 AM   #8
Hapis

Hi mtravellerh,

go for it For me it's a major bug, because I switch to different PDFs often, and setting the zoom every time is really annoying. Thanks for your effort!

Regards,
Günter
Old 11-28-2010, 03:26 AM   #9
Snufkin
Snufkin can extract oil from cheeseSnufkin can extract oil from cheeseSnufkin can extract oil from cheeseSnufkin can extract oil from cheeseSnufkin can extract oil from cheeseSnufkin can extract oil from cheeseSnufkin can extract oil from cheeseSnufkin can extract oil from cheese

Device: broken PB360 :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Hmm I have checked this. Worked fine for me. Does somebody else have problems with this?
Yes, mee too. (pdf zoom settings not sticking)

Maybe off topic, but I'll post my other current gripes as well.
I also have problems with auto shut-off. It seems to not save the place in the book I'm reading when it shuts off automatically. On restart I end up on the page I was when previously went back to the menu.
(I open the book (non drm epub)from the menu, opens at page 5, I read 10 pages, put the book down, get auto shutdown, turn reader back on and end up on page 5 again)
- actually this is also when shutting down in the book with off button.

...also "Configuration", "Appearance", "Show books as" is set to "Thumbnails". Should that not mean the books in the library should show the covers? For me it doesn't.

...and the "boot logo" "current page" does not work.

Are these bugs too?

Last edited by Snufkin; 11-28-2010 at 03:52 AM. Reason: edited Shutdown bug
Snufkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 03:45 AM   #10
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snufkin View Post
Yes, mee too. (pdf zoom settings not sticking)

Maybe off topic, but I'll post my other current gripes as well.
I also have problems with auto shut-off. It seems to not save the place in the book I'm reading when it shuts off automatically. On restart I end up on the page I was when previously went back to the menu.
(I open the book (non drm epub)from the menu, opens at page 5, I read 10 pages, put the book down, get auto shutdown, turn reader back on and end up on page 5 again)

...also "Configuration", "Appearance", "Show books as" is set to "Thumbnails". Should that not mean the books in the library should show the covers? For me it doesn't.

...and the "boot logo" "current page" does not work.

Are these bugs too?
Yes, indeed.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:42 AM   #11
Hapis

Maybe PB should think about a Bugtracker to collect and keep track of those bugs. A Forum is not a good place for bug-collection.

Regards,
Günter
Old 11-29-2010, 04:50 AM   #12
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Maybe PB should think about a Bugtracker to collect and keep track of those bugs. A Forum is not a good place for bug-collection.

Regards,
Günter
I am a living bugtracker! Just PM me with a detailed description and i will relay the facts to our progs.

But a real bugtracker would be nice, yes
Old 11-29-2010, 05:08 AM   #13
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
The truth makes its way slowly, but surely . First we asked for a central repository of programs and firmware; then we asked for a central place to have notifications about when hardware and firmware updates come out; now the idea of a central bugtracker is positively mentioned...

See where I'm getting at?
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:23 AM   #14
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
The truth makes its way slowly, but surely . First we asked for a central repository of programs and firmware; then we asked for a central place to have notifications about when hardware and firmware updates come out; now the idea of a central bugtracker is positively mentioned...

See where I'm getting at?
Our problem: Most of our GIK are not really fluent in English and have no time currently at all for these (necessary) projects. I am sure they would love to support such projects, but there is no way they could do it.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:47 AM   #15
Hapis

Using a bugtracker would actually free them some time Not to speak of the countless nagging questions when and how any bug/feature will be fixed/implemented. And it would improve the communication with your community and the trust in the company. I'm a software developer myself, and I know that at a certain point you won't get along without a decent bugtracking system

Right now, I would like to check the status of the bug I submitted... has it been assigned/confirmed/fixed? When will a new firmware come out with the fix, or is there a workaround?

Regards,
Günter