Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-06-2015, 03:31 PM   #136
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
They had better get NASCAR in there. She doesn't even know who won the Daytona 500.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 03:39 PM   #137
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
They had better get NASCAR in there. She doesn't even know who won the Daytona 500.
Daytona 500 -- is that a golf tournament?
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2015, 04:36 PM   #138
mpeg2
Connoisseur
mpeg2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mpeg2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mpeg2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mpeg2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mpeg2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mpeg2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mpeg2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mpeg2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mpeg2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mpeg2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mpeg2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
"Alexa knows what 42 is "

... as well as the answer to what the airspeed of an unladen swallow is...

Rich
mpeg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 12:03 AM   #139
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Very good Rich. I liked that one.

I finally managed to add my brother as my household so I can get all the Prime Music (I have a subPrime account on his). The Echo doesn't really give him any benefit since he already has an internet radio with spoken presets, but he can listen the small amount of my music where we have actual shared tastes.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 04:53 AM   #140
mlewis78
Guru
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (7"); HDX 8.9"; Ipad2
Thanks. I just cleared the app data on both fires and now Echo app works on both.
mlewis78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2015, 06:58 PM   #141
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Amazon just added Pandora. You'll need to update the Echo app and then link your Pandora account.

See this post for additional discussion.
Old 04-10-2015, 01:27 PM   #142
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
I have had had problems with my Echo, and customer service has been great. There is a tunein radio station that sputters and dies after a bit, and using Bluetooth to stream prime radio stations is the same. They had me try other things, and iheart works fine, another radio station on tunein works fine, Pandora works fine, etc. So they are going to look at the Bluetooth issue. Actually, I wouldn't really care if they could make the prime radio stations available on the Echo. Is anyone else using the Bluetooth feature? (I don't use it to listen to music, because I uploaded all my music and playlists to the Amazon cloud over 7 days a couple years ago.) What do you use Bluetooth for, and does it work?
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 10:54 PM   #143
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Actually, I wouldn't really care if they could make the prime radio stations available on the Echo. Is anyone else using the Bluetooth feature? (I don't use it to listen to music, because I uploaded all my music and playlists to the Amazon cloud over 7 days a couple years ago.) What do you use Bluetooth for, and does it work?
Amazon recently added Prime Stations to Android, iOS, and Fire tablets; but it's still missing from the Fire Phone and Echo.

I use Echo's Bluetooth on occasion, but generally shy away from it because it defeats the purpose of having the Echo -- I got it to be a standalone music player. If I used it with BT more often, it would've been cheaper to buy a BT speaker instead of Echo.
Old 04-15-2015, 10:56 AM   #144
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Amazon recently added Prime Stations to Android, iOS, and Fire tablets; but it's still missing from the Fire Phone and Echo....

Really strange that they would go out of their way to beef up their competitors platforms before bringing the enhancements to their own stuff.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 03:24 AM   #145
mlewis78
Guru
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (7"); HDX 8.9"; Ipad2
I use it as bluetooth speaker for my laptop. I still ask it for weather a few times a day, as a music player by itself and alarm clock.
mlewis78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 11:03 AM   #146
Breathinlady
Zealot
Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Fire HD,HD6,10HD,2 Fire Phones iPod touch, iPad3, Nexus 10
Anyone receive Echo lately...mine delay 60 days

Not happy with Amazon this morning...today was the day the Echo was supposed to arrive, had a couple of friends invited over this evening to see this supposed wonder, even cancelled an appointment to be sure I was home to not miss the UPS guy.

Amazon emailed this morning about 9 am and said NO Echo today..moved back to a date in June I will be out of town on vacation.

Has ANYONE received their Echo in the last couple of weeks, just wondering if they are shipping..
Breathinlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 11:43 AM   #147
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathinlady View Post
Not happy with Amazon this morning...today was the day the Echo was supposed to arrive, had a couple of friends invited over this evening to see this supposed wonder, even cancelled an appointment to be sure I was home to not miss the UPS guy.

Amazon emailed this morning about 9 am and said NO Echo today..moved back to a date in June I will be out of town on vacation.

Has ANYONE received their Echo in the last couple of weeks, just wondering if they are shipping..
That's cold! On the day of delivery they suddenly realize that there'll be a 60-day delay?

Be sure and express your dissatisfaction over this turn of events. Chances are they'll give you a monetary credit. Don't settle for anything less than $10. Amazon gave me a $10 credit late last year when I questioned when they were going to add Prime Stations to the Fire Phone. And it was a simple question with no hint of dissatisfaction whatsoever. So your inconvenience should be worth more.
Old 04-16-2015, 12:38 PM   #148
Breathinlady
Zealot
Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, today

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
That's cold! On the day of delivery they suddenly realize that there'll be a 60-day delay?

Be sure and express your dissatisfaction over this turn of events. Chances are they'll give you a monetary credit. Don't settle for anything less than $10. Amazon gave me a $10 credit late last year when I questioned when they were going to add Prime Stations to the Fire Phone. And it was a simple question with no hint of dissatisfaction whatsoever. So your inconvenience should be worth more.
I sent a text message via complaints several hours ago and NO reply. This is the 3rd item Amazon has messed up this year. After 13 years of amazon, 5 tablets/phones, and years of Prime I will be looking to spend my money elsewhere! Angry you bet!
Old 04-16-2015, 04:26 PM   #149
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathinlady View Post
I sent a text message via complaints several hours ago and NO reply. This is the 3rd item Amazon has messed up this year. After 13 years of amazon, 5 tablets/phones, and years of Prime I will be looking to spend my money elsewhere! Angry you bet!
Text message isn't good enough you need to call during business hours and let them know you have to cancel a party because of it. Let them know how upset you are about the last minute noticed.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 02:29 PM   #150
Breathinlady
Zealot

well....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Text message isn't good enough you need to call during business hours and let them know you have to cancel a party because of it. Let them know how upset you are about the last minute noticed.
Finally got a reply and a $10 credit to my account. I have bought thousands of dollars of stuff from Amazon over the years and to be treated like this... Until I get my VERY much delayed orders..I have more than one, I will look elsewhere to spend my money. $10 did NOT cover cost of food for party. Yes, the 8 hour before party notice should have been at least a 24-48 hours.
I wonder if they have shipped ANY Echo's recently, IF not then they really should notify customers.

Sorry to rant...say the old saying goes.... me once shame on you, me twice shame on me!