Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 05-16-2010, 01:48 PM   #1
MV64
Addict
MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Legal Questions About Sports Writing

I've got a quick question for those of you who might know something about this:

I'd like to write a book about a professional sports league, but I'm not sure about all the various laws that would govern writing a book.

I know that sports teams, leagues, etc. are trademarked or registered, so would I need to gain written approval from them in order to write a book about them? Obviously I wouldn't pass the book off as officially endorsed or anything, but since anyone can write articles online about sports teams, I imagine anyone could write books about them, too.

Am I right in this?
MV64 is offline   Reply With Quote