Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 07-24-2010, 08:40 PM   #1
hmhoshino
Edge User

Will Barnes and Noble Ebooks work on the Edge?

I was wondering if I could download ebooks from Barnes and Noble? You can get Google Books from Barnes and Noble, so shouldn't we be able get them for the Edge. Henry

Old 07-24-2010, 09:07 PM   #2
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Books purchased from B & N are copy protected with "social DRM", this is tied to both your Adobe account and the credit card you paid for the book with. B & N figures you might be willing to share your Adobe log in with others, but not your credit card info. In effect this keeps any other device from being able to read them, even Adobe reader cannot open them. You can read on your nook, or the software for your computer. A few of the free books will transfer, but you can get those almost anywhere. I personally refuse to buy from B & N until they change that; if I paid for it I should be able to use it on any device, within the limits of the DRM laws.

Advert
Old 07-24-2010, 09:08 PM   #3
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
If they're DRM-protected, then no (see http://www.entourageedge.com/forums/...ull=1#post6526). Free B&N books evidently will work, though.
Boris, you type much faster than I do.

Old 07-24-2010, 10:48 PM   #4
hmhoshino
Edge User

Thanks for the info. It makes love my Edge even more. Henry