Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-18-2011, 12:14 PM   #1
cheyennedonna
Edge User

I confess - I joined the PE Club

The 199 Amazon price was too good to pass up, I get the reader in a truly portable size and the benefit of the android side as well. Often, if I just brought my nook along, I found myself wishing for my edge so I could write a note or look something up (the browser on a nook is painful). It arrives in a couple of hours. Boris,you own one, is there any reason not to set it up on AC before the battery fully charges?

Old 04-18-2011, 12:48 PM   #2
borisb
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyennedonna View Post
Boris,you own one, is there any reason not to set it up on AC before the battery fully charges?
Absolutely no reason not to

It *is* important to fully charge it the first time, but since it comes partially charged already, why not unbox and start playing with it right away on AC?

I'm sure you'll be thrilled by the PE. You can post your impressions, of course, to confirm what we've all been saying

Advert
Old 04-18-2011, 12:54 PM   #3
cheyennedonna
Edge User

I hope so, I'm a gadget junkie and still eyeing the EEE note and Transformer too. But I could not resist

Old 04-18-2011, 12:57 PM   #4
Dr. T
Edge User

Quote:
... still eyeing the EEE note and Transformer too. But I could not resist
I'm in the same boat. Mine arrives tomorrow...

Old 04-18-2011, 01:01 PM   #5
cheyennedonna
Edge User

According to the unofficial fansite expected release is no later than June 1st http://www.eeenote.net/

Advert
Old 04-18-2011, 01:27 PM   #6
sarah11918
Edge User

Yup, I'm holding out for the eee Note too. The folks at tabletpc forum have done some amazing stuff with it already, including changing the language to English (since it's out in Chinese and Italian, apparently). But I'm going to wait for the North American version. We'll finally be heading home as of the end of May, and the less we accumulate to take home, the better.

Old 04-18-2011, 01:27 PM   #7
obsessed2
Edge User

Quote:
The 199 Amazon price was too good to pass up ...
You might want to consider plugging it in, registering it, and upgrading to Ermine right away. Make sure to temporarily disable the Screen Timeout (Power Widget) and turn Wi-fi to Never Turn Off When Plugged In. I got two PEs on Saturday and upgraded them immediately with absolutely no problems and I'm loving it (so is my son). Plus, I'm not experiencing some of the problems like other PE owners have reported after upgrading. Like the green or purple camera tint when taking pictures or browser lockup (I'm using the default browser). Both PEs take clean crisp photos. Anyway, have fun.

Last edited by obsessed2; 04-18-2011 at 02:39 PM.

Old 04-18-2011, 01:32 PM   #8
alex_edge
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. T View Post
I'm in the same boat. Mine arrives tomorrow...
Where'd you get it?!?!?! Oh wait, I think you're referring to the PE, and not to the Note...

Old 04-18-2011, 02:23 PM   #9
sarah11918
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_edge View Post
Where'd you get it?!?!?! Oh wait, I think you're referring to the PE, and not to the Note...
Heh, yeah. Someone on the Tablet PC forum posted something to the effect of, "Oh, they're in Canada at Best Buy, but they sell out quickly" giving some ppl a heart attack, but we're pretty sure he meant the larger tablet PC and not the Note. We're quite sure the Note is not available yet.

Old 04-18-2011, 03:10 PM   #10
t_b
Edge User

In the Netherlands I don't see a dramatic drop of prices so no PE for me.
Recently bought a Chinese Eee Note though, waiting on its arrival. I love my EE, but with the nice sunny weather we currently have it is really impossible to see anything on the LCD screen.

I don't use the LCD side of the EE that much, so I am wondering if the Eee Note will totally replace the EE or I will still have some use for it.

Old 04-18-2011, 03:21 PM   #11
borisb
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah11918 View Post
Heh, yeah. Someone on the Tablet PC forum posted something to the effect of, "Oh, they're in Canada at Best Buy, but they sell out quickly" giving some ppl a heart attack, but we're pretty sure he meant the larger tablet PC and not the Note. We're quite sure the Note is not available yet.
I wasn't aware that Best Buy Canada every had either eDGe model for sale...

Old 04-18-2011, 03:25 PM   #12
sarah11918
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_b View Post
I don't use the LCD side of the EE that much, so I am wondering if the Eee Note will totally replace the EE or I will still have some use for it.
Although of course it remains to be seen, I still believe the EE will be a superior journal/note writer. The Eee Note will be lighter and more hackable. I'm super-psyched to see them battle head to head in my living room, though! (Assuming I can deflect enough "Do you really need that?" guilt from hubby to click BUY.)

Old 04-18-2011, 03:26 PM   #13
sarah11918
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
I wasn't aware that Best Buy Canada every had either eDGe model for sale...
Sorry, I meant the Eee Note (not out) vs. Eee Transformer/Slate or whichever model (which I have seen at Best Buy).

Old 04-18-2011, 03:28 PM   #14
sarah11918
Edge User

Just realizing that it sounds like a few of us here will eventually have EEs and Eees. Makes me wonder what magical device the EeEe will be...

Old 04-18-2011, 03:56 PM   #15
alex_edge
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah11918 View Post
Sorry, I meant the Eee Note (not out) vs. Eee Transformer/Slate or whichever model (which I have seen at Best Buy).
Wait, the Transformer is available at Best Buy in Canada now? I'm going to be in Toronto this weekend... I at least want to go check one out in person!