Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 05-18-2009, 11:31 AM   #1
Soxendom
Connoisseur
Soxendom began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T1
Can't access reader

I've just flashed openinkpot onto my Hanlin, but now I can't access the reader from the computer to take it off.

How can I put back the original firmware when the reader is no longer recognised by windows xp.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:03 PM   #2
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soxendom View Post
I've just flashed openinkpot onto my Hanlin, but now I can't access the reader from the computer to take it off.

How can I put back the original firmware when the reader is no longer recognised by windows xp.
Read the third sentence in the Flashing firmware section of the OI installation guide.

http://openinkpot.org/wiki/0.2/InstallationGuide

Basically, you just put the original firmware's installer (V3update.bin) on an SD card and reFLASH your device.
Advert
Old 05-18-2009, 12:06 PM   #3
Soxendom
Connoisseur

Yes, I know but the only access I have to the SD card is through the reader.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:16 PM   #4
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soxendom View Post
Yes, I know but the only access I have to the SD card is through the reader.
Well, that does complicate things.

Now you are going to have to get a USB card reader device so that you can put the original firmware on an SD card, because OI has not yet made the SD card easily available via the Hanlin USB port. That would be a very good idea anyway since the built in SD card reader on the Hanlin is exceedingly slow.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:21 PM   #5
Soxendom
Connoisseur

Thankfully - problem solved. A friend brought over his printer which has a card reader on board and was able to access through that.

Thanks for the replies
Advert