Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-03-2009, 11:45 AM   #1
daruking
Enthusiast
daruking began at the beginning.

Set default font for LRF?

Hope this isn't too dumb of a question: I'm trying to convert a .txt to a .lrf file for my Sony PRS-500. I want it to default to a sans-serif, like Arial. How do I do that?
daruking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:34 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
use override css and set

body{ font-family: sansserif}
p { font-family: sansserif}
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2009, 01:02 PM   #3
kiklop74
Guru
kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
use override css and set

body{ font-family: sansserif}
p { font-family: sansserif}
I think correction is needed:

Code:
body{ font-family: sans-serif}
p { font-family: sans-serif}
kiklop74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:19 PM   #4
daruking
Enthusiast

I've attached an image of the resulting lrf. The font looks like courier to me or at least a sarif font. I used with and without the dash:

body{ font-family: sans-serif}
p { font-family: sans-serif}

Thanks!

David
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2215.JPG
Views:	346
Size:	408.1 KB
ID:	24915  
Old 03-03-2009, 01:26 PM   #5
kiklop74
Guru
kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

This one works for me just fine:

Code:
txt2lrf --override-css="body{font-family: sans-serif} p{font-family: sans-serif}" book.txt
Advert
Old 03-03-2009, 01:30 PM   #6
daruking
Enthusiast

I was using the gui. Do you have to type it different in the gui?
Old 03-03-2009, 01:40 PM   #7
kiklop74
Guru

This is how you should setup in the gui:

Old 03-03-2009, 01:55 PM   #8
daruking
Enthusiast

Attached is what I have it set to and I still get the courier type font. Strange!

Thanks,

David
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	312
Size:	253.5 KB
ID:	24929  
Old 03-03-2009, 02:14 PM   #9
kiklop74
Guru

This looks like older version of calibre. Download and install latest version and report your findings.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:17 PM   #10
daruking
Enthusiast

OK, looks like it's working, but I ran into another issue. When calibre runs across Line Feeds in the .txt file, it switches the font back to that original one I was seeing. I have sans-serif until that point.

I guess I could just parse out those, but that's kind of a pain!

Thanks for sticking with me through this. I appreciate it!

David
Old 03-03-2009, 02:30 PM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

switc the output format to epub and you should be fine
Old 03-03-2009, 05:06 PM   #12
daruking
Enthusiast

It doesn't appear that I can epub books to my PRS-500.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:07 PM   #13
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by daruking View Post
It doesn't appear that I can epub books to my PRS-500.
You are correct. The 500 only supports LRF.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 05:15 PM   #14
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Run markdown-calibre on the txt file and look and post an extract frm the resulting HTML
Old 03-03-2009, 05:54 PM   #15
daruking
Enthusiast

I ran it, but it bombed out with errors. Do you just get a command line and then type markdown-calibre text.txt?