Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-12-2013, 02:25 PM   #316
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
On the other hand, not a lot of work went into KPV since Librerator forked...
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:52 PM   #317
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
Exactly my point. Make it one and it'd be less confusing and richer in features. I guess neither have much updates occurred in Librerator fields since the strike! ?

EDIT: I'm learninf Lua... it's fascinating btw.
Only worry (for both Librerator and KPV) is the highlights. Right now, they're in Lua format in history folder! I wonder how compatible it can be with conventional ways of PDF highlighting... a mechanism to export them seems natural to me.

God damn, PDFs are such pandemic mistakes made in technology and academia!

Last edited by thatworkshop; 11-12-2013 at 07:28 PM.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2013, 08:28 AM   #318
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
Are you guys, based on what can potentially be implied from https://github.com/koreader/kindlepdfviewer/issues/248 working towards incorporating KPV and KOReader into one thing? In that case, KOReader is a perfect name/concept.

Can't agree more with tigran123 and his views on degradation of hardware and to some extent software.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:05 AM   #319
donB006
Connoisseur
donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle k3G 3.4.2; DXG 2.5.8; DXG 3.1; Iriver Story HD
Off-Topic: If you really need to read a lot of PDF books then get rid of the K3 and get a DX. The PDF can be viewed almost full size especially when zoomed to content without any need to pan around or reflow anything.

The KPV and Librerator both work fine on my DX for the things I do.
donB006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 06:00 PM   #320
thatworkshop
hub

Quote:
Originally Posted by donB006 View Post
Off-Topic: If you really need to read a lot of PDF books then get rid of the K3 and get a DX. The PDF can be viewed almost full size especially when zoomed to content without any need to pan around or reflow anything.

The KPV and Librerator both work fine on my DX for the things I do.
Kindle DX is a tragedy for me: https://github.com/koreader/kindlepd...omment-5424749
Advert
Old 11-15-2013, 02:10 AM   #321
xxtraloud
Connoisseur
xxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheese

Device: DX
I am having problems with the standy,apparently after a few times it goes into sleep sometimes it happens that I only see a bunch of lines on the screen, it reminds me the old loading screens of the commodore. Anyway I am forced to restart.

Also I am wondering if there is a way to set the default zoom and panning to a different number because on every document I am always forced to increase both.
xxtraloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 07:38 PM   #322
Jedidiyah
Enthusiast
Jedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud of

Device: Kindle DX graphite
@ xxtraloud
Put your kindle into vertical display mode (pressing Aa button brings up the menu for it) before entering Librerator. I think DX's orientation sensor interferes with Librerator somehow when coming out of the sleep mode. I see far fewer lined screens and crashes after disabling it.

To change default settings look in the defaults.lua file in the librerator folder. There are DSHIFT_X and DSHIFT_Y panning parameters there that can be changed from 100 to a larger value.

For zooming look at part [3] of Essentials section under this link
https://github.com/kai771/kindlepdfv...User%27s-Guide
Setting bbox and zooming to height or width usually works for me.

@donB006
I completely agree about using DX to read math texts in pdf and djvu, it's unworkable on smaller devices. Panning around isn't an option when you have to see the entire page to understand the pieces, and reflow makes no sense when formulas are involved. I had to resort to using a magnifying glass and squinting before I got DX.

Last edited by Jedidiyah; 11-22-2013 at 12:52 AM.
Jedidiyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 05:25 AM   #323
antithesis
Avid reader
antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Kindle DX White
Does anyone know if the bug where you lose all your highlights / bookmarks if you exit Librerator without closing your documents is fixed?
antithesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 02:12 AM   #324
Jedidiyah
Enthusiast
Jedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud of

No, if you exit Librerator without exiting the book first all settings are lost. See the list of known bugs here (this is the last one on the list):

https://github.com/kai771/kindlepdfv...s-and-features
Old 04-08-2014, 02:33 AM   #325
sunnycougar
sunnycougar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 No Touch
I have a question about this software. My device is Kindle 4 NT. There is a big txt file of 41M which could not be opened in Liberator, but could be opened with the kindle's original system. I can not find the answer.
Thank you for your any advice!
sunnycougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:27 PM   #326
xxtraloud
Connoisseur
xxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheese

Device: DX
Do other people have constant crashes with liberator? I can't point out specific events but it seems that when using some of the "fit to" functions it makes my kindle freeze, also when I leave the kindle on sleep for long periods sometimes it will freeze when coming back on.
Is there any new development planned?

many thanks
xxtraloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 05:59 AM   #327
Jedidiyah
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnycougar View Post
I have a question about this software. My device is Kindle 4 NT. There is a big txt file of 41M which could not be opened in Liberator, but could be opened with the kindle's original system. I can not find the answer. Thank you for your any advice!
I have Kindle DX, but I encountered such behavior occasionally. It usually happens with large files. Because Librerator gives you much better navigational capabilities it also requires more operational memory than Amazon shell, on large files it may be too much.

@ xxtraloud To avoid coming out of sleep crashes disable the orientation sensor (see my post above). Navigation and fit to functions usually lead to crashes for large files. Especially pdf over 15Mb and djvu over 10Mb.
Old 11-10-2014, 08:27 PM   #328
oguzonat
Enthusiast
oguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Paperwhite 2, dxg
Hello, it seems that the liberator drains my battery, i mean literally drains it. am I the only one experiencing this problem? I'd be gratefull if anyone would be of assistance
oguzonat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 12:12 PM   #329
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 w/SO
Just to clarify, 'kindle's flash root' = /mnt/us, correct?
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 01:15 PM   #330
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Yes. And of course, it shouldn't drain the battery.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
application, epub, fb2, pdf, reader