Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-21-2011, 02:24 PM   #16
Tinks
Zealot
Tinks doesn't litterTinks doesn't litter

Device: Voyage
You all are so lucky. My library doesn't even mention kindle yet. It's not like I don't have a gazillion books already in possession to read, lol, but I want to play with the new library lending option.
Tinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:33 PM   #17
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
It's working with the Fairfax County Library but not the Loudoun County Library.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2011, 02:39 PM   #18
markdek
Addict
markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
My library in Michigan just got Kindle books lending.....hurray! Just got my 1st library book, and it worked.
markdek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:14 PM   #19
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Wow, both the Chicago Public Library and the DuPage system have Kindle books, and they are all checked out!!! I wasn't able to get a single one on my hold list or wish list at either library. I have enough to read, but it really shows the pent up demand.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:27 PM   #20
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Wow, both the Chicago Public Library and the DuPage system have Kindle books, and they are all checked out!!! I wasn't able to get a single one on my hold list or wish list at either library. I have enough to read, but it really shows the pent up demand.
Note that a given ebook 'license' allows checkout as either ePub or Kindle format (in some cases you might have PDF as well), but not both simultaneously. More than likely 95% of the titles were already checked out in ePub format before today, and the rest were gobbled up this morning (in one or the other format).

Last edited by tomsem; 09-21-2011 at 03:29 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2011, 03:33 PM   #21
tbruin3235
tbruin3235 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Harris County library in Houston, Texas now has Kindle lending also :-)
tbruin3235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:43 PM   #22
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
This is really cool. I've had two books come up today where I had previously placed a hold on the ePub version, but it lets me choose the Kindle version when I go to check it out.

Plus - our library just added a whole bunch of books last week. This is great.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:44 PM   #23
techiegirl
Groupie
techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 6+
I am able to check out of the San Francisco library, but cannot download to the Kindle. It's not showing the books on list of items I have checked out and does not have a link for me to connect to my Amazon account.
techiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 06:11 PM   #24
stickybuns
Evangelist
stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by techiegirl View Post
I am able to check out of the San Francisco library, but cannot download to the Kindle. It's not showing the books on list of items I have checked out and does not have a link for me to connect to my Amazon account.
Can you post a screen shot?
stickybuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:53 PM   #25
Harry_Y
Addict
Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle DX, Galaxy Tab 2
Still Waiting for it to go live here
Harry_Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:57 PM   #26
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by techiegirl View Post
Yeah, me too. It seems to be a SF problem: it worked fine with San Jose library. I sent them an email (not that they won't already know).
Old 09-21-2011, 08:00 PM   #27
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickybuns View Post
Can you post a screen shot?
The Download page does not show the item you just checked out: the area where it should be is just blank, and no Send to Kindle button. So you can't download.

The bad part is that it counts against your checkout limit and nobody can check the book out at all until the loan period is over (or some admin gets in and resets things). And it does not list in My Book Shelf so you can't attempt download again.

Asking for a screen shot is therefore asking for someone to make another book inaccessible for 7-21 days. No need really. <g>
Old 09-21-2011, 08:08 PM   #28
cHex
Zealot
cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard (K3)
Kindle books still "coming soon" for San Diego and Imperial counties in California.
cHex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:10 PM   #29
cfo
Connoisseur
cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KSO, iPhone4
This is awesome. KSO with 3.2.1 and I checked out 2 books.

Thank goodness for the option to "only show titles with copies available."

cfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:12 PM   #30
techiegirl
Groupie
techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 6+
Tomsem: I went to the SF library website on my iPad and was able to see the Kindle books on my "items out". I was able to download the Kindle books on the iPad but not the computer.
techiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote