Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-03-2011, 11:07 AM   #1
SabrinaB
SabrinaB began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
"My Books" Library

I am fairly new to Calibre. I have made a library on my nook using the create a catalog of book feature. It was working properly. I have updated it several times. Now when I go to "My Books" on my nook. The file has changed. It doesn't list the Headers "A" ... And it does not list any of the details for my books anymore. What can I do to fix it back?
Sabrina
SabrinaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:47 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Let me see if I understand this: You created a catalog of your books in Calibre, which you put on your Nook into "My Books". Everything worked over the course of a few catalog updates, but now, you can't see certain categories in the catalog, and the book details are missing.
If that's correct, then here's a question: Did the catalog become broken after an update you did, or did it become broken of its own accord just by being on the Nook? Is the catalog readable in Calibre?

Edit:
Moderator Notice
Also, moved to proper subforum.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2011, 12:39 PM   #3
SabrinaB
SabrinaB began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
Yes I can still read in Calibre. It looks normal until I try to read it from my nook. I have deleted it and redid it and still can not read some of the details from my Nook. So I guess it is a Nook problem. I just hate that I can't get it fixed. I really loved using the Calibre catalog.
SabrinaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 03:53 PM   #4
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Hm, that sounds like it is an issue with the catalog on the Nook rather than a Calibre issue. I don't think I'll be able to help you much with that, but someone might get a clever idea if you posted a quick rundown of how you created the catalog- which format and which special options you used.
One spontaneous idea: How many books do you have in your library? I seem to remember some display issues on dedicated readers due to overly large catalogs.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote