Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-27-2013, 03:32 AM   #31
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...bd018abe17a38e
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:09 AM   #32
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
A nice simple solution. You're to good to us Kovid
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:46 AM   #33
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
@kovid,

Thank you, much appreciated
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:25 AM   #34
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Hi:

I am looking for some assistance to use this feature. I've never used it before and I am not ashamed to admit I am a little clueless as to what I am doing. All I want to do is change the name of the headers for four TOC entries. I tried using "Change the location this entry points to" and change the name there. It appears to work there but when I view the book in the viewer it still has the original name(s). Can someone tell me what it is I should be doing to change the names of the TOC entries? I looked in the manual but didn't see any reference to the tool.

Thanks
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:35 AM   #35
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
@nynaevelan: What you did changed where the TOC entry pointed to in the book. If you want to edit the displayed text, select the entry and press F2.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:39 AM   #36
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
I am looking for some assistance to use this feature...
Select book
Click Edit TOC.
Double-click item you want to change name of and type new name. Repeat
Don't forget to click the OK button.
Done

Edit: Damn, not quick enough...
Old 09-16-2013, 09:09 AM   #37
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you both, I tried that and it says it is writing the file but when I get back to the book and open it in the viewer it is still the original name, it is not saving the changed name.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:39 AM   #38
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Thank you both, I tried that and it says it is writing the file but when I get back to the book and open it in the viewer it is still the original name, it is not saving the changed name.
Which TOC ?
I believe the TOC editor works on the NCX file only.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:05 AM   #39
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

I am using the Edit ToC feature on the azw3 file. Am in the right place??
Old 09-16-2013, 10:25 AM   #40
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
I am using the Edit ToC feature on the azw3 file. Am in the right place??
Don' Know about AZW3,
I do EPUB

sorry
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:00 AM   #41
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

I just tried with a non-DRM azw3 file. It seems to work OK. I used Tweak ebook on the azw3 afterward and opened the toc.ncx file in a text editor. The change was definitely there.

You did make sure it was the azw3 and not an epub for the same book that you viewed after the changes? Or is it feasible that the azw3 file is open somewhere and can't be re-written? I'm out of ideas.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:03 AM   #42
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I just tried with a non-DRM azw3 file. It seems to work OK. I used Tweak ebook on the azw3 afterward and opened the toc.ncx file in a text editor. The change was definitely there.

You did make sure it was the azw3 and not an epub for the same book that you viewed after the changes? Or is it feasible that the azw3 file is open somewhere and can't be re-written? I'm out of ideas.
Yes I did, and the file is not open anywhere that I am aware of. Could the fact that it is on my dropbox directory be causing a problem? Also, I am using the portable version, not sure if that plays a factor either.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:20 AM   #43
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Ok. I am a little out of my league, I have no idea how to fix this but here is what the book looks like if I try to open it again in the Edit ToC feature. And then here is how it looks with the viewer. Why are they showing up with a different label for the ToC?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	edit toc.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	111118   Click image for larger version

Name:	viewer.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	111119  
Old 09-16-2013, 10:48 PM   #44
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Ok. I am a little out of my league, I have no idea how to fix this but here is what the book looks like if I try to open it again in the Edit ToC feature. And then here is how it looks with the viewer. Why are they showing up with a different label for the ToC?
What viewer are you showing?

Is the image on the right an in-line TOC or is it the TOC you get when you click the appropriate item (I don't use a Kindle) to bring up the TOC?

The Edit ToC feature does not change any html in-line TOCs.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:13 AM   #45
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
What viewer are you showing?

Is the image on the right an in-line TOC or is it the TOC you get when you click the appropriate item (I don't use a Kindle) to bring up the TOC?

The Edit ToC feature does not change any html in-line TOCs.
I was using the Calibre Viewer and the second pic is of the TOC in the Edit TOC. I am not sure what html in-line TOC means, so I am not sure if that is what it is.